Beyond Reach by Melody Carlson | Teen Ink

Beyond Reach by Melody Carlson

May 22, 2009
By Kristina Meyer BRONZE, Medford, Oregon
Kristina Meyer BRONZE, Medford, Oregon
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This book is a thriller about a girl named Samantha McGregor who has visions of things, but not just random things, but she has visions about crimes. She is highly convinced that her visions are coming from god and he has given her a gift so she can help people. She helps a police officer named Ebony solve some crimes by piecing together her visions. Ebony has re-opened a case that was thought to be a suicide a few years before but re-opens it for that fact that she isn’t buying the suicide story. She asks Samantha to go with her to talk to the family, specifically the brother, to see what really had happened to this “suicidal” kid, Peter Clark. During the time that Samantha and Ebony are looking for answers Samantha is having visions of a boy trying to kill himself in various places but she can never make out who this person is, all she can tell is that it’s a boy with dark brown hair. At first Sam thinks it might be Peter Clark in her visions and that god is trying to lead up to what really happened to Peter or is showing her that Peter really did kill himself. Then she realizes that it probably isn’t peter and she freaks out at every brown haired guy she sees thinking they may be suicidal. But who could really be in her visions? This book was definitely one of the best books I have read, it was so suspenseful that I was literally sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for what was to happen next. This book is definitely unforgettable, I will never forget how I felt when I read the climax and resolution of this book. This book also ties in real life problems and obstacles in it so it is definitely one that some people can relate to. One thing for people who may not be Christian is that this book is pretty heavily Christianity oriented, so this book might not be for you. But as for suspense it’s great.