Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped | Teen Ink

Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped

Book title and author: Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped by Melody Carlson
Title of review: Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

Introduction
The book Faded Denim: Color Me Trapped is book number nine in the True Color Series. Melody Carlson tackles tough problems that teenage girls go through during their teenage years in this series of books. In this book in particular, it’s eating disorders.

Description and summary of main points

Emily has put on extra weight in the past year while her best friend, Leah, has lost some. Now Leah is on her way to literally being America’s Next Top Model. Emily is getting very self-conscience and to make things worse, her dad is endlessly commenting her weight problem.

Evaluation
When Emily tries to lose the weight by simply dieting, she can’t get it to work fast enough. While she’s struggling to put off her weight, she’s watching her best friend slip into a world of glamour and beauty; Emily wants that for herself.

Conclusion

So she goes to extreme and drastic measures, taking her down a horrible path that could ruin or even possibly end her life.

Your final review

I think this is a really good book, especially for teenage girls with eating disorders. It shows you that your looks aren’t the only thing that matters; what’s on the inside is what counts the most. It sends you the message that if you have God on your side, you can overcome any obstacles. But not only do you have to believe in God, you have to believe in yourself.

I loved this book its so good