The Face on the Milk Carton Review | Teen Ink

The Face on the Milk Carton Review

May 21, 2009
By Anonymous

Book Review Outline
Book title and author: The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney
Title of review: The Face on the Milk Carton Review
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5













Introduction

Janie is very thirsty at lunch one day, so she got a carton of milk knowing she was lactose intolerant. While she was drinking the carton of milk, she happened to look at the “face” on the milk carton and what she found was unexpected. It was her own face!

Description and summary of main points

The book The Face on the Milk Carton is about a girl named Janie Johnson who is fifteen years old and wants to change her name so bad to Jayne Johnstone and get her drivers license. She has a peanut butter sandwich one day at lunch and is dying to have a glass of milk to wash it down. While she is taking a drink of milk she eyes the “face” on the milk carton. She studies it and studies it until she comes to a conclusion that it is her own face! What a surprise that was. She thinks she was kidnapped when she was younger and her parents lied to her all those years...

Evaluation

All-in-all I think this book is very well written. I like all the characters, especially Janie and Reeve. Reeve has a very spunky personality, I think he and Janie are very good friends in the beginning and will be even better friends in the end. And Janie has a very shy personality but shows her loud and talkative side toward the end.

Conclusion

Janie will learn the truth behind her long journey. She will finally learn the truth about her life...

Your final review

I think this is a really good book for young readers who like mystery stories. When I started to read it I couldn’t put it down. It has you on the edge of your seat! I would highly recommend this book for every young reader in America!