Twilight: Comparing the Movie and Book | Teen Ink

Twilight: Comparing the Movie and Book

May 13, 2009
By CourtneyJo BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
CourtneyJo BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
~*~ If you dance with the devil, the devil doesnt change. The devil changes you*~*


The author Stephanie Meyer wrote the famous twilight saga. The book was recently made into a movie, which was a hit. Before I even heard of the book I saw a preview for the movie and really wanted to watch it. The movie was still in theaters so I decided to read the book. It was amazing, the way they met, fell in love and fought to stay together was like magic. It made me want my own Edward Cullen. It was bye far one of the best books I had ever read.


Once the movie came into theaters I went to see it. The movie was almost completely different from the book. They didn’t even act keep some of my favorite scenes. Like when Bella and Edward had there first kiss and she practically attacked him or their second one when she fainted. In the movie they never even went to the meadow to talk instead they went to the woods behind the school.


They also took out parts that are really important and without they have to completely change the second book “New Moon”. Like when she was dreaming about Edward and Jacob turned into a wolf. That’s how she finds out that Jacob is a werewolf. Don’t get me wrong it was a good movie its just that the book was so good and the movie couldn’t even come close. So if your going to watch the movie and read the book I would recommend that you watch the movie first so you don’t get disappointed.