Twilight: Comparing the Movie and Book

The author Stephanie Meyer wrote the famous twilight saga. The book was recently made into a movie, which was a hit. Before I even heard of the book I saw a preview for the movie and really wanted to watch it. The movie was still in theaters so I decided to read the book. It was amazing, the way they met, fell in love and fought to stay together was like magic. It made me want my own Edward Cullen. It was bye far one of the best books I had ever read.

Once the movie came into theaters I went to see it. The movie was almost completely different from the book. They didn’t even act keep some of my favorite scenes. Like when Bella and Edward had there first kiss and she practically attacked him or their second one when she fainted. In the movie they never even went to the meadow to talk instead they went to the woods behind the school.

They also took out parts that are really important and without they have to completely change the second book “New Moon”. Like when she was dreaming about Edward and Jacob turned into a wolf. That’s how she finds out that Jacob is a werewolf. Don’t get me wrong it was a good movie its just that the book was so good and the movie couldn’t even come close. So if your going to watch the movie and read the book I would recommend that you watch the movie first so you don’t get disappointed.

courtney A. said...
i am sorry about all the spelling errors i didnt see them until after i posted it sorry =0

Anna J. said...
Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:53 am
You need to profread;mispelled some words in the article.

BellaLuna said...
Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:00 am
who does not want their own edward? lol no i agree with u they did a nice job on the movie but it was so different they cut out almost all my fav scenes! i mean edward kisses her n goes weeee on 2 the wall come on!

NoLabels1227 said...
I don't believe that anyone who says they want a 'Edward Cullen' is saying they are a necrophiliac. Someone who takes it that way is obviously having trouble reading between the line of this new age romance novel. Yeah, I'll admit I'm not the most experienced writer/reader, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this novel is about so much more than his obvious obsession with her and her unbreakable love for him. It's about true love and how, at any age, it c... (more »)

sallyloco said...
tim B. that is discusting and edward isnt anything like that. he did NOT beat her or give her a c-section and well, he does follow her around but NOT THE POINT! You havent read the books because that is definetly not what he is like. Courtney A. Dont listen to him. He has no idea what he's talking about.

courtney A. said...
no i want someone who loved me like he loved her.

tim B. said...
you want a bf like Edward? So, basically your a necrophiliac, you want your bf to stalk you, beat you, give you a c-section with his teeth, and prevent you from seeing the out side friend? wow....