Teen Drug Abuse | Teen Ink

Teen Drug Abuse

By Lindsay Larch BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
Lindsay Larch BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

Book title and author: Willwerth Aue Pamela
Title of review: Teen Drug Abuse
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5
Teen Drug Abuse: Opposing Viewpoints is mostly about teen drug abuse decreasing and increasing, Bing drinking among youths, teen marijuana use being a serious threat or not, abusing prescription drugs, even smoking and more. The intended audience was teenagers from the ages of 13 to18 and college students. The author’s purpose of this book was to teach the readers about the dangers of teen drug abuse. My thesis on this book is that drug abuse is wrong and harmful, even just using drugs are wrong and harmful.
Drug abuse in America is a major problem. Drugs have hurt the lives of nearly 40 percent of all teenagers in America. Ether with health problems, highway crashes, arrests, impaired school, and job performance. The drugs that teens use range from Alcohol, marijuana, and, even cigarettes. Most teenagers wh0o are involved in drug abuse have ether broken families, parents who abuse drugs there self, or parents who aren’t ever around.

Even the most ordinary teen can have drug problems depending on there friends and relation ship with there family. These teens turn to drugs because they have no where else to turn. There family members are never around, or hardly ever around. Some teens may have there parents around but they to are involved with drugs, giving little or no attention to there children or family.
Teenagers that are aware of the risk of drugs tend to draw away from drugs rather than those who have no clue about what drugs can do. Some people will tell you that drugs feel good, and that’s why they use them.

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Wonderful piece. I loved your description of the book. Those statistics are... quite simply shocking and pathetic. Keep writing,

God bless,

...,