An Introduction to Digital Photography by Tom Ang | Teen Ink

An Introduction to Digital Photography by Tom Ang

By caitlin dills BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia
caitlin dills BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia

Book title and author: An Introduction to Digital Photography by Tom Ang
Title of review: The book was good, but not as good as I thought
Number of stars (1 to 5): 4

Introduction

First off I want to say that An Introduction to Digital Photography is a four star book. The author of my book is Tom Ang. This book talks about multiple things such as Dig ital zoom, text effects, photomoasics, types of cameras and more. Also, the book talks about memory cards, cropping and rotating pictures, the best computers, the best printer and the best software. Lastly, this book talks about sharpening photos, image proportion, color composition and color adjustments.

Description and summary of main points

The author of my book is Tom Ang. The book is about Digital Photography. There are many topics and sub-topics in this book. One thing that the book talks about is text effects. There are six different types of text effects and they are: Display Type, Inner Shadow, T ext Warp, Drop Shadow, Graduated overlay, and Eye Candy's Fire. You can change the color, size or type of font.

Another topic talked about in my book is cloning techniques. Cloning techniques is the process of copying, repeating or duplicating pixels from one image and transferring it to another. There are different types of cloning also. The different types of cloning are special cloning, manipulated cloning, rotating and scaling, perspective scaling, bilinear transformation, and natural media cloning.

Evaluation
Did the book achieve its goals and purpose? Yes, In my opinion the book achieved its goals, because there was a lot of information given. I also had another camera book called Kodak camera and photography, and I skimmed through both of the books to see which one had more information. The book with the most information was An Introduction to Digital Photography. There were a couple of things that I learned from this book. I learned that if you want to have perfect clear pictures, then you need to have the perfect camera.
Conclusion

An introduction to Digital Photography talks about a lot of different stuff such as what kind of camera you need and what kind of software you'll need in order to have clear pictures. I have also learned about digital zoom, color texture and a lot more. This book was a very good book, but he boo is not as good as I thought it would be. This book is a four-star book.