A good book on forensic science | Teen Ink

A good book on forensic science

Bodies We’ve Buried by Jarrett Hallcox and Amy Welch
Good book about forensic science
Number of stars: 4

In the book, Bodies We’ve Buried by Jarrett Hallcox and Amy Welch, professors at the University of Tennessee, you can learn about forensic science and the tasks they have to do. Forensic science can be hard to understand because of the difficult vocabulary used by the professors. People who want to study forensic science should read this book to get an idea of what you need to know and what you will do as a forensic scientist.

From this book, you will learn about the many jobs and tasks of a forensic scientist and what courses you must take in high school. This book gives you good facts and descriptions of the forensic classes they offer at the school. Some jobs and tasks of a forensic scientist include crime scene management, photography, print development, time since death research, burial recovery, autopsy, bloodstain pattern analysis, arson, bombs, and trace evidence or DNA. The book gives good information on what they do at the National Forensic Academy because they use vivid descriptions of their classes and how they are set up. They also include pictures of students working the “crime scenes” they set up.

There are many parts in forensic science and this school is probably one of the best. In order to become a forensic scientist, you must take many math and science classes throughout your high school years.

This is a good book overall, but the vocabulary terms could have been easier. The book made me laugh at their descriptions about their classes using movies and real life situations and I enjoyed reading it. I give Bodies We’ve Buried four stars because it was well written, but the vocabulary was difficult. I recommend this book for any person who wants to become a forensic scientist because it will give you a lot of information, but keep a dictionary close by.