Vietnam War | Teen Ink

Vietnam War

Book Review Outline
Book title and author: The United States in the Vietnam War, Don Lawson
Title of review: Vietnam War
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

This book tells us that the Vietnam is very important. The Vietnam War lasted 16 years. Don Lawson wrote this book to tell us what the Vietnam War was like. I like this book because it gives a lot of information and I am writing this review to show the world that this book is excellent.
This book tells us that the Vietnam War was fought in many locations. The Vietnam War was deadly but in the end we pulled through. Don Lawson has many books about wars and his books include a lot of information. He gives specific details about the Vietnam War and the way that he describes it is magnificent. “Search and Destroy” and “Free Fire Zone” were battle techniques (pg. 55).

Some of our brace soldier’s who fought in the Vietnam War either lived barely or died trying. The war was costing the United States more than $25 billion a year (pg 111). We showed all the other countries in the world that we are the most dominant. “On January 23, 1973, Henry Kissinger and Le Duc Tho initialed a formal cease-fire agreement for Vietnam. The agreement ending hostilities was officially signed on January 27.” The United States in the Mexican War” tells similar details as this book.

I think this book gives excellent details and should be a more popular book even though some people do not like war. The Vietnam War tells us that a person’s life can change very fast when war starts. I like this book and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes learning about our past history.

wuadbwabdu BRONZE, Wenatchee, Washington

If your reading this your too late - Drake

Like many of the people who commented, I respect your opinion. However, I disagree. It was an extremely suspenseful story and one of my favorites.