The Golfer and the Millionaire | Teen Ink

The Golfer and the Millionaire

Book title and author: The Golfer and the Millionaire by Mark Fisher
Title of review: The Golfer and the Millionaire
Number of stars (1 to 5): 5

If you enjoy playing golf, I would recommend reading the book called, ”The Golfer and the Millionaire” by Mark Fisher published by Prima Publishing which includes 139 pages. The basic lesson of this book is that success depends on proper physical and mental preparation. It's all about having the drive to succeed in life or on the green.

The story revolves around a talented thirty-year old golf pro at a country club. He thinks his life is over, because he sees no future except giving golf lessons at a local country club. He has only heard negativity from his own father all of his life. His girlfriend, the only person who has ever believed in him, called of their relationship because he was afraid of making a commitment. One evening, he drinks too much and totals his car while trying to avoid a limo. The millionaire, who owns the limo, saves him from a fiery death and takes him home. Over the next few weeks the millionaire uses golf as a metaphor for life. The millionaire mentors the golfer on how to attain success and live life to the fullest.

I can share some of the key lessons. Throughout the book the millionaire gives excellent advice to the golf pro. He quotes, “I know dozens of young men with incredible talent who have fallen by the wayside, while others with less talent, but with a firm belief in their own abilities, succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. The key is knowing how to get the most of what you're given at birth”.

The author is all about finding and building self-confidence in everyone. I find this book to be very successful. Like the golfer, you too can triumph over self-imposed limitations and start fresh down a road of great opportunities. Whether you want to improve your performance on the green or in the business world, the invaluable lessons will help you reach your goal.

There's a lot in this book that will motivate each individual person who would read it. I would highly recommend this book, five stars.