The world of Mexico | Teen Ink

The world of Mexico

May 15, 2009
By Ashley Keaton BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia
Ashley Keaton BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book title and author: Mexico: Enchantment of the World by R. Conrad Stein
Title of review: The World of Mexico
Number of stars (1 to 5): 3



This book is about the life of Mexico. It will tell you everything you need to know, like how they live and spend there time. It will tell you facts about Mexico and places you can go to visit. The author’s purpose of the book is to show and tell people what Mexico is like. I think the book is a good book to read if you want to go to Mexico.
Mexico is a beautiful place to be, like the book says,” jagged mountain peaks rise above the clouds and seem to kiss the sky.” Mexico had a lot of wild animals like jaguars, exotic birds, deers, and more. I would recommend people to read it. In the book they talk about David Siqueiros and how he is a painter. It says “A muralist must have a theme,” he once said. “His Mural is his pulpit.”
In Mexico, Columbus Day – October 12 is called Dia de la Raza (Day of the Race). This book is a little bit different then some of the other books, books about places are kind of the same, they talk about the places the books about.
People should read this book because it can teach you about Mexico. Mexico is a wonderful place to visit and or live. They have some wonderful places to visit and there are festivals you can go to, but some people might not believe in some of there festivals like Dia de la Raza (Day of the Race) and more, if you don’t believe in them you can go sightseeing all over Mexico.