Auschwitz | Teen Ink

Auschwitz

Auschwitz was a very well written book about the concentration camp in Germany. The author's main purpose of this book was to inform you of the terrible things that happened there and how it happened.

Sybille Steinbacher “the author of Auschwitz” is an assistant professor at the Faculty of Modern and Modern Contemporary history at Ruhr University, Bochum. Sybille also published two other books on concentration camps. Auschwitz discussed a lot on the gas chambers and how they worked. But many of the Jews didn't die from the gas chambers or even from the Nazis. But from being sick and getting a disease.

Sybille I think did achieve her main goal in writing this book and that was to teach us about Auschwitz concentration camp. I know that Sybille did this because before I only new a handful of information about concentration camps, but now I know much more. Auschwitz is similar with Mustertadt and Dachau. Sybille wrote those books also.

Auschwitz concentration camp was a very horrible place overall. The gas chambers and diseases there especially made it dangerous. And if you even managed not to lose your life you still have the fear of losing your life in the future, or your friends or family losing their life. I did like this book and would encourage others to read this book in the future.