Death Note | Teen Ink

Death Note

Book Review: Death Note
Death Note is a manga created by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. The book may have hit the shelves of bookstores in 2004, but the story is incredible. It takes 12 books to tell the story; there is 13 in all. This is how it really starts out.

18 year, old ace student, Light Yagami finds a notebook called “Death Note” and discovers it has the power to kill someone by writing their name in it. Light eventually uses it power to rid the world of bad guys, but when prison immates start dropping dead; the world's greatest detective, L., shows up to the scene. After this officially becomes a case the ones working on it start calling the killer “Kira”. L. first announces where Kira could be in Japan; and that puts Light on strong guard. And all through the story more problem occur for Light, L. keeps getting closer, and it becomes one big battle of wits between the killer and the detective.

And not just the writing is good, the art by Takeshi Obata is extraordinary. From the characters to the details on food, its definitely one of the best.

I recommend this series to be in any manga-lover's collection, or just a nice story to sink into and drift away with…

on May. 15 2009 at 8:36 pm
Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
Bleh, I love death note, too. And the 'bleh' was a happy 'bleh'. So, yeah, I'm glad you did a review on death note.