Somone Like You by Sarah Dessen

This book is a heart-warming, heart-wrenching, lovable tale about two teenagers trying to deal with problems way beyond their reach. Scarlett and Halley were best friends who stuck together through thick and thin. The burdens of the relationship had always more been carried by Scarlett, to whom Halley would always run. While at summer camp, Halley gets a disturbing call from Scarlett tragically informing her that Michael Sherwood has died in a tragic accident. Michael was Scarlett’s new, and not-so-public boyfriend.

The two attend the funeral, casually seeing everyone else mourning Michael’s death. There, Halley ignites a small romantic flame with Michael’s best friend Macon. Weeks later, Scarlett informs Halley she is pregnant with Michael’s child. The rest of the story is spent describing the crazy twists and turns of Scarletts pregnancy, the hot, firey, 0romantic roller coaster of Haylley’s fling, and the small challenges they must deal with on the way.

The writing is astounding, the plot is captivating, and the characters are entrancing. Expect a great read, that you can’t get enough of. Filled with tears, joys, let downs, suprises, and descisons. But most of all, be prepared for those small but noticeable reminders of what love means, of what family means, and what it really means to be a true friend.

unearthlyhaphazard said...
I was considering reading this novel, and now I most definitely will! Good review. Very enjoyable summary!

asdf said...
Work on your grammar (punctuation, sentence fragments, etc.) and your spelling (Halley/Haylley). Don't give away too much of the plot.

MoonLightBelladonna said...
I've actually read this book and thought it was pretty brilliant too! :) good review x