Walk Two Moons | Teen Ink

Walk Two Moons

By Cody Goff BRONZE, Grant Town, West Virginia
Cody Goff BRONZE, Grant Town, West Virginia

Introduction: The struggle of thirteen year old Salamanca Tree Hiddle (Sal) to understand and deal with her mother's disappearance unfolds while on a cross-country trip with her open minded grandparents. Sal tells them the story of her friend Phoebe, whose mother has also left home, but in reality it is her own story. It's a funny, mysterious, and touching novel.

Description and summary of main points: Salamanca Tree Hiddle, believes her mother will return before the tulips bloom. During a car trip from Ohio to Idaho with her grandparents, Sal figures out all that has happened, the past year after her mother's sudden departure from home. Sal tells about Phoebe Winterbottom, her crazy friend, who exaggerates, and believes she is being stalked by a "lunatic," who avoids cholesterol, unless it's her mother's brownies, and whose mother also has left home. Themes of love, life, death, and relationships are at the core of this story which is playful, imaginative, and satisfying.

Evaluation: The reason I gave this book a two out of five is because, this book to me, isn't really that interesting after all, and I like to have an adventurous book that has a lot of mystery and conclusion to what is going on. To me the book is “OK” but to someone else like a teacher or even a student that like likes a little bit of mystery with a lot of unreasonable questions would love this book. The one thing that I really like about this book is the way's that Salamanca really love's her mother and desperately wants to find her and the adventures on the road trip that her and her grandparent's have on the way to find her mother.

Conclusion: Walk Two Moons was a pretty great book and every page I read I just wanted to know what would happen next. It was exciting and kind of adventurous with a little bit of mystery. I would recommend this book to my literature teacher Mrs. Hawkins because I think that she would like this book a lot and to her I think she would give it a five.

Bookworm5 said...
on May. 23 2009 at 3:15 am
I read this book for an English class and I wouldn't have described it any differently. You did very well!