Things Not Seen | Teen Ink

Things Not Seen

May 12, 2009
By huskydancechick23 BRONZE, Mannington, West Virginia
huskydancechick23 BRONZE, Mannington, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Book title and author: Things Not Seen
Number of stars (1 to 5): I would give this book a 4.5 because it is really good, and very well written. I loved it!

Introduction
The book, Things Not Seen, was an overall good book. A teen wakes up, takes a shower, and when he gets out he looks in the mirror and finds something very odd. He tries to tell his parents, but they think he is just playing. Will they believe him, or will they just ignore him? Things Not Seen would be a very good book from ages ten through fifteen. If I was grading this book, I would give it a B because the book is very well written, and kids would enjoy reading it like I did. In my opinion I feel the purpose of this book was to help kids have a relationship with their parents, because when the incident happens in this book, he goes to his parents first. Parents will be there for you in good times or bad.

Description and summary of main points
Things Not Seen was written by Andrew Clements, and published in 2002. When you read this book it is a little confusing in some areas, but trust me it gets way better as you go on. For as many pages as there are in this book, the criterion is outstanding. I judged this book on how well the chapters made since on a lower level for me, and I also made sure it was clear and not confusing.

Evaluation
In this book Bobby is very humorous. He made me laugh a couple times. Alicia was Bobby's best friend. She was kind of quiet and to herself. Bobby's mom was really funny. She freaked out over little things. Bobby's dad is a scientist. He was trying to figure out what had caused this problem with bobby. If a teacher asked me to reread this book, I definitely would. It was a really exciting book to read. My favorite thing about it was the fact that the author kind of mixed up the moods. There were some really funny parts, there were some weird parts, and then there were some sad parts when you really didn't know what was going to happen. I will have to say the incident that happened in this book was definitely surprising. I would have never seen it coming.

Conclusion
This book is overall the only book I would ever read twice. It well written and I enjoyed it very much. Any kids that want to read a really good book needs to go to the library now and check this book out. If you don't read this book very soon you will definitely regret it.