Enders Game | Teen Ink

Enders Game

May 11, 2009
By Kolby sniff BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
Kolby sniff BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Earth has been attacked twice by aliens know as the buggers. The nations of Earth are desperate to stop them. So desperate that they are willing to join together and temporarily put away their own quarrels. Ender is a 6 year old boy, he is very gifted for his age and already a smart tactician. Ender has been monitored by the International fleet for quite some time, and has been selected to attend a special school. The battle school a school in orbit around earth where students are put into armies and fight each other in zero-g . Ender excels at the battle school and leads his own army to an undefeated record even with the teachers stacking the odds against him. Ender becomes the youngest student to make it into Command school at only 11 years old. He is being trained by the hero of the second alien invasion. Ender is push to near exhaustion everyday by his trainer to do his best in the battle simulations. But there has been a secret keep from him all the time...

Ender's game is one of my personal favorite books. It's packed with action, drama and suspense. Once I started reading I could not put it down until I was finished. The author does a great job of hiding information and reviling it at the right time. He also does an amazing job creating a world in the future that is convincing enough that it could happen. The story of Ender is second to none in my opinion and I recommend it to anyone who appreciates great science fiction writing.