A Dogs Way Home | Teen Ink

A Dogs Way Home

By Marybethcurtis05 BRONZE, Kirkwood, Missouri
Marybethcurtis05 BRONZE, Kirkwood, Missouri

In A Dogs Way Home by W. Bruce Cameron, a stray dog is found underneath a home that was soon to be demolished by a housing developer. There was a suspicion that only cats were living underneath the house.

Until one day when a kind med student named Lucas and a girl named Audrey came to take care of the cats, and they found a dog. Lucas decided to take the dog into his home despite their rule of no pets in his apartment. Lucas named the dog, Bella. Bella and Lucas became very attached to each other. Soon a dog catcher came by and told Lucas that he could no longer have Bella because they thought Bella was a pit bull, and Denver did not allow pit bulls. Lucas really wanted to keep Bella, so he sent Bella to live with some friends while he found a new place to live. Bella missed Lucas so much that she ran away to try to find her way back to Lucas. On her journey home, Bella faced many obstacles along the way and met many new friends in different places as she stopped by on her journey home.  

This book is very good, and you will not be able to put it down. I was always wondering what would come next. I worried about Bella. Would she be okay? Would she see Lucas again? You’ll have to read the book to find out.