The inexplicable logic of my life | Teen Ink

The inexplicable logic of my life

February 13, 2019
By Anonymous

    The book, the Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, is about an 18 year old boy named Salvador; his homosexual dad, Vicenti; his girl best friend and his friend with benefits, Sam (Samantha) ;and his other best friend who is bi and has a abusive and drug addict mother and his name is Fito. Sal, Fito and Sam each have to find their reason in life and are gonna have to find a way to balance    high school drama and at home drama. Al. Sáenz explains that people will need some else to help you find out.

    Sal and Sam are both walking with each other when they Enrigue(the schools big bully) in which Enrigue responded with “your dad is a f****t”’.”Then he shot me a smile.”didn’t know you liked to pull out your fist and s***”’. This is an example of how you can change over a matter of someone calling you something.

    After the death of Mima,Sylvia and Fito’s mother, Sal, Sam, and Fito started to change how they see life and started to think about what the future holds for them and how they were going to see it unfold.”And she look at me with the pleading; hurt eyes asking me to tell her that this wasn’t real that it wasn’t happening and she whimpered.”Sally, Sally, Sally, she dead, Sally, she dead”’. And then Fitos mother dies too.”Fito mother is dead, he said. The death of a family member can be tragic and can make a dent in your heart, but when a  mother figure passes away, then you would have a massive scar.

    Having college and receiving a letter from your dead mother, who died of cancer and also whom you never met, can change how you act and how your life will continue from this point on. The letter that his “dead mother” gave him made him more relieved about his life and made him more sure about his future.”I hadn’t known so many things, and I’d been so afraid. Maybe I was afraid that she hadn’t love me, stupid”. Love can change how you see someone and how they make you feel on the inside. For the case of sal it was for the better.  He also learned that his father right now is married to his mom because sal’s mother didn’t want sal to be stuck with her family or sal’s real fathers family.

    Sal is rereading his college application when he figures out what he is going to do with his life and with his friends and family. A lot of things can change how you would see things but you should always be a “hijito de Mi Vida,”little son of my life”.


The author's comments:

a boy will soon find out what his purpose is by having his friends around him to surport it.