Bronxwood by Coe Booth | Teen Ink

Bronxwood by Coe Booth

By AngelRicardo15687 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
AngelRicardo15687 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Bronxwood is a continuation of a book called Tyrell.Tyrell the main character is hustling and making money.He is helping his mother out the best he can while his father is put in jail and while he is dealing with his own issues and family issues.Tyrell is like many other Street kids just trying  to make it out the hood and be big in life.

Tyrell is just another average street kid trying to do something big and be big in life.Tyrell is trying to be his own man as he doesn't want to live with his father because he understands that it will be a repeat of what his father do. Tyrell is doing anything in his power to live and have a connection with his brother as he can barely see him.Tyrell is also building relationships with a girl he been knowing since he was put in a Motel called Bennet.Jasmine is like Tyrells stress reliever who gets along with him and is basically Tyrells girlfriend.

Tyrell is unique in his own ways.Tyrell isn't the average street kid or teenager.Tyrell is a caring street kid who cares about the people around him and his friends he is always wanting to help someone out and is very emotional in his own ways.Tyrell isn't the emotional kids to cry as he talks people out of there bad decisions.He also looks out for his closest friends when there is bad situations and at points do things for them.Tyrell is basically a caring thug.

I believe the book Bronxwood was amazing.I recommend this book to any teenager in general, like the teens who can relate to the street life and teens who want to understand the street life and struggles.I would rate this book a ten like I actually this is my favorite book to read.I can honestly relate this book to myself because I personally know about the struggle.This book surrounds the life of an African American child who grows up struggling.

This book is amazing and explains the struggle of being poor