Black and White By Paul Volponi | Teen Ink

Black and White By Paul Volponi

By jaaefinessin SILVER, Sacramento, California
jaaefinessin SILVER, Sacramento, California

“Bad things will always catch up to you” Marcus Brown and Eddie Russo was two friends that had their exchange or differences but they never let their color define what their friendship would turn out to be everyone called them Black and White because they were always together but people in that neighborhood of different colors never got that close like they were.

Marcus brown and Eddie Russo were almost like blood brothers they earned the tag Black and White they were known for being good at athletic sports together and their mind is focused on getting scholarships and going to the playoffs this year their chemistry on the Football field and Basketball court was off the charts they knew each others timing and rhythm.

Eddie and Marcus wanted to get money but instead of going to get jobs they wanted to rob people for their income so they can get the latest shoes and senior activities. They used Eddies grandpa gun that was in the attic but they pulled little robberies on the street occasionally robbing drug dealers and ballplayers Things didn't go as planned as a nightmare happened while their awake, Eddie pulled the trigger on accident and shot a man that just came out the hardware store and Eddie walked up to him and told him it was a stickup but his finger slipped and shot him.

Paul Volponi is an award winning author that lives in Queens, New York he is a great author that takes pride in his work, he expresses his imagination in his work and lets the greater things of life show he writes about all different scenarios his authentic characters that makes your stomach feel weird when you read his books he continues to make more and more fascinating books that are getting better and better as time flies.

The police ended up finding out that they were the shooter the day of their game they were in a game and the police came and got marcus and took him to jail he was put in the system and fingerprinted he refused to say who shot the gun or who did it with him or where the gun came from but when he was released on bail the police ended up connecting the dots with him and eddie they found out that eddie was the shooter and his fingerprints was on there   

In my opinion Black and White is my favorite book i've read this semester because the characters just match together so perfect, Personally my favorite character is Marcus because he was brave enough to take the fall for his best friend Eddie but at the same time eddie is not coo for that because he put his friend in a predicament to not do good.