Street pharm | Teen Ink

Street pharm

By Neekeo43 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Neekeo43 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

In Street Pharm by Allison Van Diepen Ty Johnson’s life is changing right before his eyes. Ty is only six-teen and has already “inherited his pop’s business”. The book Street Pharm mostly relates to the everyday struggle of a sixteen year old boy from the slums of brooklyn aka the bronx.

Ty Johnson is on an illegal journey to make lots of money for the business his father started. Along this journey he runs into many obstacles. While on this journey ty loses friends family and many associates or should i say business partners. Although ty is taking losses and “ducking feds” that is not stopping him from making money and surviving the streets.

Ty johnson isn't your typical sixteen year old kid he's smart but not book smart “street smart”. Ty isn't just your everyday corner drug dealer he has cover ups and never really gets down to the dirty work. Ty johnson has had a rough childhood his father is incarcerated and his mother is alway down his back but does all she can for him. Ty's mother tells him everyday about the consequences of the things his father did i guess he took it upon himself to see it firsthand.

Street pharm is just the type of book you pick up and fall in love with. You just don't want it to end. I picked this book up on a fluke and i honestly r4didn't want to read at the moment but when i opened to the first few pages it just reeled me in like a fish in the see. In my opinion prefer reading things i can kinda relate to and i would recommend you try the same.  

By: De’Neeco Phipps

1-23-19