The Outsiders | Teen Ink

The Outsiders

By Zack Silber BRONZE, Dix Hills, New York
Zack Silber BRONZE, Dix Hills, New York

I just read an amazing book about friendship called The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. This book is about a lot of kids basically just trying to get by. There are two main gangs called the Greasers and the Socs (SO-shiz), and the book is told from the point of view of the Greasers. There are many amazing characters with great character development. This book taught me that friends have to stick together.
An example is the time they jumped the main character, Ponyboy in the beginning of the book. He was walking home from the movies and just for fun four Socs attacked him. They probably would have messed him up pretty badly if the other Greasers didn't save him.

My favorite part of the book was right before the rumble with the Socs. This was when they realized they were just proud to be Greasers. “We wanted to show that we were greasers. Tonight we could be proud of it.” It showed that even though their life wasn't as good as the Socs and they sometimes struggled just getting by that they were still proud of being Greasers because they had each other.
Socs liked to jump the Greasers a lot and beat up one of the Greasers, Johnny pretty badly. It was to the point where he was practically afraid of his own shadow. There are a couple big plot twists that kept me entertained. Like when Johnny stabbed the Soc that jumped him and Ponyboy and almost killed them. The book changed a lot because once again relying on teamwork; Dally gave them a plan to hide until the story settles down and a gun for an emergency. Without Dally they could have gotten killed by other Socs or arrested by the police.

Overall I would highly recommend this book. It has a great lesson and a good way of teaching it. With its great characters and plot you will be entertained throughout the whole book.

kmarshall50 BRONZE, Sedalia, Missouri
I love this book.

It makes me cry when I read it

and watch the movie.

I reccomend this book to everyone.

It has a great story line.

$Brad38$ said...
this book was good and the class really did like it.and the book reveiw was a really nice job.

tom1994 said...
i think the book is amazing!:)

i think that the Greaser, Scos, and a story about a kid that dont have parents is a good idea the storry made a good point to everyone,

i belive that there shouldnt be any diff. between poor rich people.

Ryan H. said...
A really good review but i read better.

alexis t. said...
i love my fangster

gabbbbyyy123 said...
this is a good review.(:

sarrr123 said...
This is a good review. Not better than mine though. =)