The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy | Teen Ink

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

By Genny Stubbs SILVER, Chelsea, Michigan
Genny Stubbs SILVER, Chelsea, Michigan

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
By Douglas Adams

In This Sci-Fi journey Arthur Dent is a cynical human being who befriends an alien from the planet Betelgeuse. Arthur is completely oblivious to the fact that Ford Perfect, his friend, is blending in with the human society disguising himself as “an out of work actor from the town of Guildford.” Ford Perfect originally came to Earth researching for a new article to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, an electronic directional booklet for extraterrestrial travelers. Little does Arthur know that soon he will be swept off into space and be stuck in the middle of an exhilarating adventure. Arthur learns about the universe's history and meets some new friends on the way. But will he and Ford live long enough to finish the guide?
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is an exciting novel. Adams puts a humorous twist on the cosmos and all its space invaders. Changing scenes in a second, he creates a sense of mystery, urging the reader to continue.
Adams gives new meaning to mice, machines, and the number forty-two. Throughout the whole book I wondered “What comes next?” And trust me The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy did not disappoint.
I recommend this book to everyone, especially those who enjoy hilarious Sci-Fi novels and witty characters. Read and enjoy!