Death on the Nile | Teen Ink

Death on the Nile

April 21, 2009
By Matt Massanti BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
Matt Massanti BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Agatha Christie is famous for writing 91 different mystery novels. The book I read is one of her greatest mysteries, it is even a major motion picture. The main character is Hercule Poirot one of Christie’s two major reoccurring detectives. Poirot is an English detective who always gets the guy when no one else has a clue. This book will be a hit for any person who wants to be on the edge of their seat. There is a twist in every chapter of this book hoping from one suspect to another, so pay attention and go for a wild ride down the Nile.

In this particular mystery, a young millionaire Linnet Ridgeway has just married the man of her dreams, Simon Doyle, but this man was set to marry Linnet’s best friend. Now on their honeymoon in Egypt, on their boat ride down the Nile Simons Ex is on board. When Linnet is found dead, shot in the head during the night. The suspect is obvious, the Ex, but she has a perfect alibi. Poirot, a passenger on the boat now has to solve the crime. The ending WILL surprise you and you must pay close attention to every bit of detail until you get there.

The book is a fast pace mystery novel that will keep you suspended until the end. If you want a book that goes deep or emotional I would not recommend this book. But if you like to be taken a back by a good mystery this book is for you. Who do you think did it, is it too obvious, think you can solve it? You Won’t!