The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By kaylee.ratay BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
kaylee.ratay BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire

The fault in our Stars was one of the best books I have ever read. It’s 100% on my top ten favorite books. It’s one of those books that no matter the time or day you can just pick up and read. This book was absolutely not trash. The  book is young adult fiction and was so perfectly crafted to please a young adult reader. The Fault in our Stars was written by the young John Green. The Forty year old author mastered the balance between love, heartbreak, family and sadness.  

This book was based through Hazels eyes. When I read this book I felt like I was the main character Hazel. Her struggle was portryaed thoughout the book so discripitily, you coud feel what she felt in the book. Hazel's character opened us into the real and challenging world of having cancer but also gave us a relatable insite to young love, which we have all experienced once or twice.

His other character gus also known as Augustus who also has cancer, showed us that no matter what you go through you can not allow that to define you. You have to get moving on. Gus did not want to become a nobody, he wanted to die a someone like cleopatra, he wanted to be remembered. This book taught me that you can overcome anything, that anything is possible but sometimes hardship and tragedy happens.

After reading this book . I would honestly recommend it to anyone. It doesn't matter the age, anyone would like it. If you did like it then I would recommend Everything Everything  by Nicola Yoon or Abundance of Katherines by John Green.  “okay , Okay” (Green )

I worked really hard on this. I wanted to give a clear and constructive review about this book. I hope you like it as much as I did.