Top Voted Reviews

Here are the top voted reviews:

voted
#1
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature. In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   711 comments
voted
#2
Twilight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Twilight”– based on the first book in the best-selling series by Stephenie Meyer – is a faithful adaptation that will satiate the thirst of fans and simultaneously captivate new audiences. The movie follows the story of Bella Swan... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews   359 comments
voted
#3
The Giver by Lois Lowry This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
After reading The Giver, I was left confused and disappointed. It seemed as if it would be interesting, but you can't judge a book by its cover. The contents were dull and predictable. Quite honestly, I wouldn't recommend it to any reader... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   559 comments
voted
#4
A Child Called ‘It’ By Dave Pelzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Dave Pelzer's first book in this series is phenomenal. What actually happened to him as a child is hard to imagine. This was a number one New York Times bestseller for months and is an inspirational story. David was renamed “It” by his evil... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   139 comments
voted
#5
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Though I usually prefer science fiction and fantasy, reading The Outsiders was a phenomenal experience. The story line is good, but what sparked my interest is how S. E. Hinton, who was 16 at the time she created this, writes. Everything... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   75 comments
voted
#6
Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   250 comments
voted
#7
Go Ask Alice by Anonymous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“This will be a good trip. Come on, relax, enjoy it.” This is how it started. Alice, once a shy, innocent girl, is sucked into the heartless world of drugs because of her need to be accepted. She did not plan for this to happen; she didn’t... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   174 comments
voted
#8
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl is a very inspirational and moving journal that should be read by everyone, especially students. Not only will many relate to it, but it is valuable for both the mind and the heart. Touching and... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   16 comments
voted
#9
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Sean Covey has followed in his famous father’s footsteps (Stephen Covey is the author of many self-help books) and written the definitive success guide for teens, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens.... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   45 comments
voted
#10
XXX This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   "I wish I had a video camera!" shoutsXXX over the roar of the engine. "Why?"asks Yelena, the driver. "'Cause this is gonna be one hell of atrick!" grins XXX as he parachutes off the speeding car. He... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews   5 comments
voted
#11
Slam! by Walter Dean Myers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Walter Dean Myers brings you into the world of Harlem and the struggles of life with his Coretta Scott King Award-winning book, Slam! Gregory “Slam” Harris is a talented basketball player with big dreams, but he has lots of obstacles to... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   62 comments
voted
#12
Gifted Hands This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
    (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
voted
#13
Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   If you want to read 300 pages worth of complaints andnothing else, pick up Adeline Yen Mah's Falling Leaves: The True Story of anUnwanted Chinese Daughter. If you're looking for a lack of depth and style, youneed only turn to the first... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   30 comments
voted
#14
The Scarlet Letter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “I will not speak - And my child must seek a heavenly father; she shall never know an earthly one!” A touching human story of a time that makes us wonder how far religious and moral extremes could take us, this classic has not... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   6 comments
voted
#15
The Story of My Life: An Afghan Girl on the... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      In The Story of My Life: An Afghan Girl on the Other Side of the Sky, Farah Ahmedi writes about life in Afghanistan, Germany, Pakistan, and America. Her memoir is enlightening, especially for teens who have never lived in other... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   9 comments
voted
#16
The Five People You Meet in Heaven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Originally, I thought this book was going to be about religion, but it caught my interest in the very first chapter and I could not put it down.The main character, Eddie, learns the true meaning of his life when he... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   19 comments