Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Illuminate • Shawn Mendes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Chart-topping teen sensation Shawn Mendes rose to fame after posting six-second videos of himself singing on a popular app called Vine. The number of likes and followers grew rapidly on social media. It is crazy to think that social media can... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Cloud 9 • Kygo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Kygo, the “Prince of Tropical House” is out with his debut album, “Cloud 9.” It was one of the most hotly anticipated of 2016 and 10 months after its release it has brought in millions of dollars in total gross sales.... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
La La Land This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Here’s to the ones who dream, foolish as they may seem.” “La La Land” is everything I dreamed it would be, and more. Not only is every frame aesthetically pleasing, but the soundtrack is also amazing. Our... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child • J. K.... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Harry Potter returns … to the stage? After taking on the shelves, the screen, and an informal YouTube debut with “A Very Potter Musical,” the Boy Who Lived can now be found in the Palace Theater in London. In Harry Potter and... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Awaken, My Love! • Childish Gambino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Awaken, My Love!” is the third studio album by Childish Gambino, and his first since 2013’s “Because the Internet.” When describing the album, Donald Glover (a.k.a. Childish Gambino) said that he took a different... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There are certain books that, no matter your background, opinions or where you are in life, will change the way you look at the world. These books are few and far between, but they stay with you forever. Flowers for Algernon is one such novel.... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Hacksaw Ridge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The year was 1945. In the height of World War II, American troops were sent to secure the Japanese island of Okinawa for a military base. In one of the bloodiest battles of the war, the Americans were forced to scale cliffs in order to fight... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
A Work in Progress by Connor Franta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Connor Franta speaks to today’s youth with his book, A Work in Progress. His inspiring words flow directly from the page into the reader’s heart. The book contains stories from his journey from La Crescent, Minnesota, to an... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Kubo and the Two Strings This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Many people when they go to the movies have already decided what they want to see. When I went to “Kubo and the Two Strings,” I saw it because it was the only one that stood out to me. I recognized the name from a post swooning over... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews   2 comments
Stranger Things This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A boy goes missing. A girl is on the run. Government scientists hide deadly secrets. Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” directed by Matt and Ross Duffer, is a sci-fi supernatural drama that will keep you on edge from start to... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
American Horror Story: Asylum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
If there’s one show that can successfully unnerve a viewer, it’s “American Horror Story.” With disparate tales told across multiple interconnected plot lines, every episode is crafted deliberately to unease and... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Westworld This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Westworld” is a new science-fiction thriller airing on HBO, remaking the 1973 classic film. Though it’s early in the series, it’s already clear that this show is confusingly complex and thoroughly intriguing. The... (more »)
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The novel The Great Gatsby is regarded as a masterpiece of American’s literature. Every word and phrase the writer uses seems ordinary, but the implied meanings are worth thinking over. The novel is about a rich man named Jay... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Chance The Rapper's Truly Magnificent...
Walking into the gates of U.S. cellular field, I could already hear Tyler, the Creator’s raspy, angry voice coming through the walls from the stage in the outfield. I felt the excitement of the roaring crowd as soon as I got to my seat,... (more »)
Star Trek Beyond This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The U.S.S. Enterprise follows its promise to boldly go where no man has gone before as Captain James T. Kirk (Chris Pine) leads his men into a nebula that already swallowed one crew. What he finds will force his own crew to scatter, some... (more »)
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Kafka on the Shore, written by Japanese author Haruki Murakami, is not your typical book. On the surface, it is about 15-year-old Kafka Tamura who runs away from his home to live in a library. Any teenager would be interested in a fantasy like... (more »)