Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian by Rick...
    Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian ~by Rick Riordan          In a world where almost every single story that is written is just the remake or redo of another, its amazing to find a gem like this amongst the works. In Percy... (more »)
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
Cloud Atlas Review What do a futuristic Korean slave, a Californian journalist, and a bisexual composer have in common?  Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell delves into six separate stories in a hexad of unique time periods and a sextet of different... (more »)
Torn:Book 1 by K.A. Robinson
Torn is the first book in the Torn trilogy, written by K. A. Robinson. The main character, Chloe, decides to start a new life at college in West Virginia with her two best friends, Logan and Amber. She goes about her days trying to forget her... (more »)
Grift by Jason Mosberg
Las Vegas, a town in the middle of the desert, a place where people win and lose millions of dollars. A town where casinos are open 24/7, alcohol is allowed on the streets, and it is on everyone’s bucket list on places to go. Where Las Vegas... (more »)
Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
Love, death, renewal – the scope of this intriguing, heart-breaking novel; will she be able to endure the impediments on Earth? This novel—Salvage—features Ava Parastrata, the daughter of the captain on a vessel entitled the,... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Deep down, we all have built up walls around us, but some have higher walls than others. For Violet, a prima ballerina, the world thinks she has it all as she packs to head to Juilliard. For Amber, the world thinks that she’s a murderer. Being... (more »)
Blues for Zoey by Robert Paul Weston
 Working his way through a job that he dreads at a Laundromat, Kaz walks the line between adult and teenager. With his mother suffering from a rare sleep disorder, he has to provide for her, himself, and his little sister, Nomi. In the... (more »)
Who is Mackie Spence? by Lin Kaymer
 Who is Mackie Spence? Jeremy always thought he knew, because they grew up together but ever since Mackie almost drowned she is different. But why is she different all of a sudden? When Mackie and Jeremy find themselves working together at the... (more »)
Subsection: Hot New Releases
Fallout 3 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Fallout series is great overall. The first two were top-down and the gameplay was different than what it is today. Fallout 3 is when it really became popular. People who had played previous games could now see what the wasteland they had... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews   1 comment
Into the Woods This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Before I watched Into the Woods I went online to get a basic plot summary because I do not like surprises and the commercials gave nothing away concerning what it was about. What I found did not extinguish my fear of watching the movie, in fact... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Tyranny by Julian Casablancas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Julian Casablancas doesn’t play by the rules anymore. Upon first listen, his new album “Tyranny” may sound like a mad scientist’s creation. It’s a bizarre, mysterious, outside-the-box barrage of sounds that mix... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews   1 comment
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I Am Malala is an inspiring autobiography that teaches readers of all ages the importance of standing up for what they believe in. At age 11, Malala Yousafzai became a young blogger and activist for girls’ education in Pakistan. She and... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
1989 by Taylor Swift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Taylor Swift shook the pop world with the release of “1989.” Her loyal band of “Swifties” were thrown into a swirl of turmoil. Some fans were overjoyed at the opportunity to add yet another album to their collection.... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews   3 comments
Lord of the Flies by William Golding This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Are humans inherently good or evil? William Golding’s Lord of the Flies is a raw look at the horrid depths of what happens to human nature when societal and governmental controls disappear. It takes place on a Pacific island where a plane... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
Out of Reach by Carrie Arcos This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What do you do when someone you love has an addiction? Do you let them be, make them stop cold turkey, or take them to rehab for professional help? Does your loved one even want to be helped? In Out of Reach, it is up to Rachel to help her... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The Book Thief floated around my mental, then digital, book lists for years. In elementary school, librarians recommended it. Once I even checked it out from my public library but never read it. So I put it off for years and years until one day... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   4 comments