Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
     To create a masterpiece, it first has to start out as an idea. Over time, it then must flourish and eventually develop into its full potential. It takes meticulous work to produce something that leaves an audience of people speechless,... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Incredible Magic of Being • Kathryn... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Life is so much better when you believe in the power of the universe. For nine-year-old Julian, it means having a special “uni-sense” that connects him to the vast night skies, occasionally warning him before things go wrong. When... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Liberty’s First Crisis • Charles Slack This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Freedom of speech – it’s something most Americans take for granted. Nowadays, few of us fully appreciate that we can say whatever we like, about whatever we like, and not fear persecution. Most of us don’t know that this was... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
Raise the Red Lantern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Raise the Red Lantern” is many things – an entrancing mixture of horror and the beauty of a China long past, an allegory, a myth, and a warning. Despite its many faces, “Raise the Red Lantern” is always painfully... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
October Sky • Homer Hickam This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everyone dreams about achieving something that seems impossible. Homer Hickam was no exception. Like many American scientists, as a teenager he dreamed about exploring the cosmos. Hickam’s memoir, October Sky, describes the action,... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Exorcist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“The Exorcist” is a movie that revolutionized horror films. I remember the first time I watched it. And by watched, I mean hid beneath a blanket with both my ears covered. This is no exaggeration. I was terrified. I was with my... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Alien This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“In space no one can hear you scream” was the attention-grabbing slogan for the 1979 horror film “Alien.” A spaceship and its crew are sent into space to explore a mysterious S.O.S. signal. Events transpire that quickly... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Sense8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
From the first episode of this stunning Netflix Original, I was hooked. As soon as I began watching “Sense8,” I was thrown into the storm of eight separate and fascinating story lines, all connected through the bond shared by eight... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
the crossover
By , indianapolis, IN
In kwame Alexander's beautifully written book the Crossover is one of the best books i have read in my life.this book perfectly blends drama and sports but, it’s predictable once you read the first few chapters you already know what's going to... (more »)
The Murder Business by Mark Fuhrman
The nonfiction book The Murder Business by Mark Fuhrman is written based upon how the media intervenes with the truth of law. Mark Fuhrman is a former LAPD detective and now a FOX newscaster, who writes many popular books, one including The... (more »)
House of Purple Cedar by Tim Tingle
The House of Purple Cedar, to me, is a book of historical fiction lessons. Written by Tim Tingle . This book took place in the late 1800s. The narrator ,Rose, learns her lessons and is also making me realize situations that will help in the... (more »)
White Plague by James Abel
By , muskegon, MI
The science fiction story White Plague by James Abel is a story that is science fiction that takes place in modern times about a United States nuclear submarine, The USS Montana was out on a normal run in the Beaufort Sea off the northern part... (more »)
The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
In Mitch Albom’s novel The Five People you Meet in Heaven is a fiction novel. Eddie  meets five people who each teach him a lesson on his way to heaven. The first lesson he gets is “Everything happens for a... (more »)
The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
I've never really liked basketball, I mean I play it for fun but I didn't really care for it. But then I read The Crossover and it gave me a new perspective. The Crossover is more than just about basketball. Its about life changing and things... (more »)
By , Indianapolis, IN
 The Crossover is a book about Josh Bell A Phenomenal Basketball player, like his brother JB, and his dad a Retired Pro basketball player. Family Is important Is the theme. Things Changed and Josh Doesn't like it. Espectilly what happens to his... (more »)
The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
I never paid much attention to the sport of basketball, until I read this novel-in-verse called, “The Crossover”. Kwame Alexander made this book so Rythementic. This book changed my whole opinion on the lives who play basketball in... (more »)