Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The book “Openly Straight” by Bill Konigsberg is horrible. The protagonist Rafe Goldberg is a gay junior who travels away from his hometown to an all boy's boarding school in Massachusetts. Why? No. Good. Reason. He feels labeled in his... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   1 comment
The Fault in Our Stars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I, like so many others, read and thoroughly enjoyed the book The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Yet, unlike the multitudes of teenage girls, I didn't think the movie adaptation is that great. Sure, Shailene Woodley portrays Hazel perfectly, and... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Rewind by Rascal Flatts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It has been two years since Rascal Flatts released their last album, “Changed.” While I have been a big fan since the start of their career, and I enjoyed “Changed,” it underperformed more than any of their previous efforts. Fortunately... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Quiet by Susan Cain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In a world dominated by people who have the audacity to “be gay, light, shining,” one often finds people who are tagged “shy, diffident, timid” simply because they just don't mix with the crowd. They don't enjoy parties, they don't perform... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Breaking Bad This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In the twenty-first century, television is teeming with angst-filled teen dramas, clichéd crime procedurals, and lackluster, interchangeable comedies. It's difficult to find a program worth watching nowadays – one with a solid story line,... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Acid Rap by Chance the Rapper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Chancellor Bennett is back at it. The 21-year-old from the Windy City returns, bringing with him a historic new sound. Bennett, who goes by the stage name Chance The Rapper, began his music career in 2011. However, his 2013 mixtape, “Acid... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Frozen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Disney's recent animated film is cute and can be surprising, but the hype over “Frozen” is overkill. This movie contains adorable, fun content for kids and some adult jokes that somehow passed the censor. The soundtrack is catchy and cute,... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Wonder by R. J. Palacio This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Wonder truly lives up to its title. Tears of both sadness and joy spilled down my face as I read and wondered what would happen next in this extravagantly written book. It is a book that needs to be thoroughly enjoyed by all, and if you do not... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Nevermind by Nirvana This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A simple born-and-raised Seattle band, Nirvana laid out a whole new red carpet for cultural rock bands, and its unique guitar and technical effects set it apart from any other band of the early '90s. Over the course of seven years and three... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews   1 comment
Never Trust a Happy Song by Grouplove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Never Trust a Happy Song” is the debut album of the new band Grouplove, who are a perfect mix of alternative rock and indie pop. Their music has that upbeat, dance-like vibe, and here's a bonus – the songs are actually good! You can tell... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Laurie Halse Anderson's latest Young Adult feat chronicles 17-year-old Hayley's senior year in a new high school after settling in a new town with her father, who is haunted by internal demons. A war veteran, her father finds day-to-day life... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Ah, Twilight – the most controversial topic since tandoori chicken versus plain chicken. Yet here I sit, a critic with a laptop and a strong opinion, vying to obtain the lead role in the dramatic play that is the Twilight debate. No, not Team... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
My Everything by Ariana Grande This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
<p> So as you all know, <em>My Everything</em> has released (at least for me, ‘cause I’m an overseas gal), and of course that led me to grab all the songs <em>très vite,</em> like an eager little girl in a... (more »)
The Twelve-Step Suite by Dream Theater
OK, so these are a compilation of five songs coming from separate albums and also talk about how drummer Mike Portnoy got ride of his Alcoholism disease, and I think it is encouraging for other people with this problem. Consisting of, you guessed... (more »)
Boum Boum Boum by Mika
The significantly undervalued and underappreciated British singer-songwriter Mika is back in the spotlight after the release of his newest single, "Boum Boum Boum", at the start of the summer. The song is everything a pop song should... (more »)
Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater
I can't believe no one has talked about this yet, and why not, this an amazing album. Sure it only has six tracks, but most of them are longer than ten minutes so it's over an hour long. The track list is pretty freaking amazing to just... (more »)