Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

The Walking Dead This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Summary: The Difference between the Dead and the Living, Season 5 Episode 11 "The Distance" is an episode that intrigued me all the way till the very end with it's intense moments and a well done plot. This episode... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Five Night's at Freddy's This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
CRAP! Or Why I Simply Adore Five Nights at Freddy’s Breath bated, my sweaty palm hovers near the mouse. Where are you? Why can I not find you? From the slowly fading screens, my right eye has developed a nervous twitch, and yet the corner... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Black Swan This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
i. Synopsis Black Swan is a psychological thriller directed by Darren Aronofsky in which the main character Nina Sayers, portrayed by Natalie Portman, struggles with the preservation of her image, the pressure of being a great ballet... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Destiny This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Destiny... Looked very promising, at first play seemed very entertaining. However, after a while of playing the game for a while, it got very repetitive and monotonous. The missions were all essentially the same, with few variations. Now, not... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Songs of Innocence by U2 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Last year, Apple released U2’s new album, “Songs of Innocence” as a free download to over 500 million iTunes users. While fans of the band rejoiced, critics looked at the release as an act of desperation for an aging band trying to stay... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Tyranny by Julian Casablancas This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Julian Casablancas doesn’t play by the rules anymore. Upon first listen, his new album “Tyranny” may sound like a mad scientist’s creation. It’s a bizarre, mysterious, outside-the-box barrage of sounds that mix together to form an... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Balcony by Catfish and The Bottlemen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The “catfish army” is coming. With the release of their debut album, “The Balcony,” Catfish and The Bottlemen look to become the next big addition to the indie genre. Judging the ‘book’ by its ‘cover,’ so-to-speak, the band... (more »)
Uterus and Fire by Old Time Relijun
Olympia, Washington-based group Old Time Relijun's 1999 debut album, Uterus and Fire, is an album that would be a contender for being number one on Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Worst Albums of All Time", if the magazine ever did a list... (more »)
Age of the Joker (2012) by Edguy
As seen with their newest album, Space Police, these are crazy people when it comes to power metal. Toby and the gang have made somwthing a bit more special with this release here. This is really where they pull out all the stops to be funny.... (more »)
Pale Communion (2014) by Opeth
One of the big hits of the previous year. Opeth is a name that most metal fans by now would know. Opeth is a progressive metal band dating all the way back in the 90's with albums like Orchid, Morningrise, My Arms Your Hearse and Still Life.... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Great Misdirect(2009) by Between the Buried...
This 6 track madness is what solidified Between The Buried and Me's love of storytelling and poetry. It isn't as good as Alaska or Colors, but it'll do. This is also consitered to be the pre-Parallax being that on both sides they lead up the... (more »)
Hotel California by Eagles
The Eagles have made many songs that have changed and shaped the genre of rock and that listeners have loved and cherished. These songs have different meanings in them that are all interpreted differently. “Hotel California” is one song that... (more »)
The Pinkprint by Nicki Minaj
The Pinkprint is Nicki Minaj’s best body of work. In this album there is more personal songs than in most of her albums. In the song “All things go” she talks about how she lost a child sixteen years ago and how she regrets that decision.... (more »)
One of a Kind by G-Dragon
G-Dragon- One of a Kind If you’re tired of not hype music that don’t fit you, you should try the solo effort of the international artist G-Dragon. “One of a kind” is a hip-hop and rap kind of music. It’s a kind of music that will hype... (more »)
Openly Straight by Bill Koingsberg
By , Milwaukie, OR
Rafe is a teenage boy living in Boulder Colorado. Rafe plays soccer and loves to write. His best friend Clare Olivia and him are inseparable. Rafe is also one of the only gay kids at his high school. Rafe gets made fun of just for being gay.... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Schizo • by Nic Sheff This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What separates revenge from redemption, hope from hopelessness, or even madness from reality? These questions are what blur the line in Schizo by Nic Sheff. Miles Cole is a teenager in San Francisco struggling with intense schizophrenia as... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews