Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
2011's Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a massive surprise. It was a sequel to a series that hadn't spawned a title since the overly-reviled 2003 title Deus Ex: Invisible War. It wasn't being developed by Ion Storm Austin or led by... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Brink on Xbox 360 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Splash Damage, a developer located in England, is easily one of my favorite game developers out there. Specializing in multiplayer games, those who know me might find my love of their games a surprise, as I am not a multiplayer fan. However,... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Snowpiercer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
By , LHP, FL
The issue with human nature is that given the chance we will create conflict amongst ourselves. Even in as vast a world as we live, disagreements can start between people on the opposite ends of the earth. Films, books, and games have shown us... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Icefall by Matthew J. Kirby
Icefall is a book about treachery, politics, and survival. Set in a Norse world, Harald, Asa, and Solveig must survive the winter trapped under a giant fjord. The three siblings are part of the royal line, and must stay safe from a war started... (more »)
Noggin by John Corey Whaley
You know I often wondered how people decided what to read in the days before book reviews. Word of mouth is probably the most obvious choice, but even then how are you supposed to accurately make a decision. One person might hate a given book... (more »)
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Have you ever been misunderstood? In Eleanor and Park, multiple topics of the struggles strike Eleanor: abuse, bullying, poverty, and the average struggles of being a teenager in this jaw-dropping novel. Eleanor, an overweight misfit, starts... (more »)
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
The book "The Fault In Our Stars " is a love comedy story written by the best selling auther John Green. It is about 2 teenagers who both have some type of cancer. They fall in love and go on incredible journys thrououht the country... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   1 comment
Will Grayson, will grayson by John Green and... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose. At least, so goes the truism. In the rollicking, disgusting, sarcastic, and poignant first chapter of Will Grayson, will grayson, Will negates all... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   1 comment
Batman: The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Story: Gotham City is corrupt to the core with organized crime but ever since the emergence of the Batman things have changed. The Falcone and Maroni families are not as powerful as they once were and the “freaks” are starting to run the... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and...
Alice is a curious little girl who has an overactive imagination and a longing for adventure. One day while sitting on a river bank with her sister she finds herself becoming exceedingly bored. As Alice is considering what she could do to pass the... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
In the dead of night a man named Jack skulks through the house of family of four. He finds and kills the mother, the father, and the daughter with no issue. The man Jack climbs the stairs to the room of the baby boy but when he opens the door, no... (more »)
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Liesel Meminger, a ten year old German girl, is haunted by the memory of watching her young brother die and has only one thing to remember him by, a book lying in the snow. The Gravedigger’s Handbook is the beginning to a relationship with words... (more »)
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Over summer vacation of her eighth grade year Melinda Sordino finds herself at a high school party, mildly inebriated, and in a terrible situation. She does the only thing she can think of, call the police but this brings about unexpected... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Guy Montag is a fireman. He, like every other fireman, spends his working life tracking down owners of books and burning their collections and occasionally the owners themselves. He likes his job, it is exhilarating. The world is without strife... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Mr. Jarvis Lorry is a businessman for Tellson’s Bank in London. He is called across the sea to France to bring a man and his estranged daughter back together. After years in the French prison, the Bastille, his mind is gone but the sight of his... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
That girl that has everything. From the hair, body to the friends and the clothing. She has the smarts, the beauty and the personality that everyone can fall in love with. Too bad for Annabel that’s just the girl she model for. Annabel Greene... (more »)