Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Blubber by Judy Blume This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Most days, I found myself in an archetypal scene; I held a fresh, chocolate-coated Long John in one miniscule hand and a heaping packet of cursive practice in the other. The no-longer-foreign stench of body odor, which remained unheeded due to... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   1 comment
Les Misérables
Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) has spent nineteen years in prison, under the cruel watch of policeman Javert (Russell Crowe). But when Valjean breaks parole, a kindly old bishop (Colm Wilkinson) brings him to faith, inspiring Valjean to change his... (more »)
Back Stabber
I'm 15 and recently got a chance to binge watch a pre-release of the new Amazon series ‘Back Stabber’, which is available June 24th and is FREE if you have amazon prime! You can watch it starting June 24th, until then till say its... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Down with the Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn
Every place has stories about someone or something granting wishes. From wizards, magical pools, genies to everyday folk. Wish granting is a dangerous matter, putting it in the wrong hands could leave to world destruction.  Wishes can also be... (more »)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
16 years in the making. The Man of Steel faces off against the Dark Knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, stylized as BvS. BvS has been the subject of controversy ever since 2013, when Ben Affleck, the former Daredevil, was cast as the... (more »)
Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
It is the year 1829 and something unimaginably horrifying has happened in Iceland. Agnes Magnusdottir, a servant sentenced to death for her part in the cold-blooded murder of two men, one of whom was her former employer and lover, is awaiting... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Alice Through the Looking Glass This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“I will restore order to the Universe.” Walking out of the movie theatre yesterday, the only line I seemed to remember from Alice  is this so-heroic-that-it’s-funny line by Alice.  My friends and I had a good laugh over this... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
The Imitation Game This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Imitation Game written by Gram Moore and directed by Morten Tyldum, stars real life historical figure Alan Turing, played by Benedict Cumberbatch. The story follows both Turing and his team of fellow great British minds through their... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews   1 comment
A Clean Well-Lighted Place by Ernest Hemingway
By , Clarkston, MI
Throughout your life you follow a path. The farther you go the more you gain such as family, friends, and faith. The older you get, and as the path becomes shorter the experiences you gain begin to fade. And as you go along the light at the end... (more »)
Finding Dory
Finding Dory directed by Andrew Stanton and Angus Maclane, adds a whole new level of depth to it’s predecessor Finding Nemo, and a fresh element of comedy that appeals not only to it’s younger viewers but, it’s older ones as well. In the... (more »)
The Ultimatum: A Jeremy Fisk Novel by Dick Wolf
 In The Ultimatum by Dick Wolf, Detective Jeremy Fisk and his partner Chay Maryland try to stop a mysterious gunman named “Yodeler.”  This ruthless killer murders an innocent person each day “for the greater good of... (more »)
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. This is the beginning sentence of the life-changing deep book I read, To Kill a Mockingbird. You may be wondering why I chose to include the first sentence of... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
A Semester in the Life of a Garbage Bag by...
The laughter, the memories, the pain, and the happiness. These are just some of the feelings that run through your heart when you read this #1 New York Times Bestselling Author, Gordon Korman’s book, A Semester in the Life of a Garbage Bag.... (more »)
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
America is changing, and Chicago, its city of danger, magic, and rising black smoke, is determined to get to the top. When Congress rules the United States will hold a World Fair, there is a surge to create something like the world has never... (more »)
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My Life Next Door, by Huntley Fitzpatrick, is a compelling story of one girl's struggle as a teenager. Samantha Reed, a shy reserved girl, sits outside her bedroom window ever since she was little watching the family next door. She watches... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Junius and Albert’s Adventures in the... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
War is messy. In Peter Carlson’s book, Junius and Albert’s Adventures in the Confederacy: A Civil War Odyssey, two Union journalists cross enemy lines and get all-too-close to this truth. In documenting the harsh realities of the Civil War,... (more »)