Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Adventure Time
From its impassioned subliminal messages, to its hints of humane righteousness, Adventure Time resonates with its core fans in a deeply empathetic manner as a result of its pleasant blend of high fantasy fiction and sensibly realistic themes.... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Careful What You Wish For This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Doug is just a typical teenager. But one summer, his life starts to change when he meets Lena, a girl his age yet married to a rich middle-aged man. A secret affair blooms between them, and the chance to keep it shut is as slim as a pole.  ... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The stage is set for the battle that will define Middle Earth. Bilbo (Martin Freeman) and the Company of Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) have made it to great mountain hall, Erebor, and seek to claim it for their kin. Yet even as the great... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Jurassic World This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 Over 20 years after the very first dinosaur graced the big screen in front of millions, the captivating ancient reptiles are back and bigger than ever in Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World. This highly anticipated return of the world's most... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Daredevil This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Since the early 2000s, there has been a rise of superhero- centered entertainment. The fanfare stems all the way back to the love of comics and superheros. The love of superheros can be contributed to many things; an escape from reality or... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World...
One cannot begin to imagine the horrific life of a boy whose only known support group abandoned him and his family in the harsh, biting cold of the Mongolian steppe. Such a boy existed, and his name was Temujin. He later adopted the name Genghis... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A Tale of Two Cities was the first novel I read by Charles Dickens, though I have seen adaptations of A Christmas Carol in countless plays and films. I’ve heard many say that it was a good introduction to Dickens as well as one of his best... (more »)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Welcome to the OASIS, a heaven and sanctuary for people across the world. This intergalactic scavenger hunt for one particular prize “egg” brings you across the extremely varied worlds this virtual reality provides you with. When the minds... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Death Cure by James Dashner This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
WICKED is good.   As an avid reader of James Dashner's The Maze Runner series, that statement has really cultivated mushrooms of questions in my mind. With the fact that countless sacrifices and deaths are injected in the prequels, this has... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
The Retuen of Sherlock Holmes: The Adventure of...
     Many books have the element of surprise, a plot twist that completely throws readers off. This sort of thing can be found in books such as Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Endgame: The Calling. But for now I would like to speak... (more »)
Regeneration by Pat Barker
Regeneration By Pat Barker (1991) The 250 page novel centers around the war-time hospital Craiglockhart in the Scottish city of Edinburgh. It follows the story of the pacifist poet Siegfried Sassoon and his doctor, Dr. W.H.R or Rivers. It... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
 The world is always divided into two: the rich and the poor, light skin and dark skin, and the popular and the losers. For Ponyboy there are two people in the world, greasers and socs. Socs (short of social) are the popular, rich kids of the... (more »)
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
The Fifth Wave, by Rick Yancey, takes readers into a dystopian future where aliens have invaded Earth. There have been four previous waves by aliens in attempt to wipe out the human race. The first wave strikes ten days after the aliens, The... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Carrie by Stephen King This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Often the most effective way to excite one's senses when reading horror fiction is by revealing a terror that we as humans see within ourselves. This principle is what gives Stephen King's novel Carrie its legacy. The story of a girl whose own... (more »)
Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire, the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy, provides a great follow-up for the abrupt ending of the first novel. Suzanne Collins does an exemplary job of providing just enough information to keep the reader constantly guessing,... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Maximum Ride books used to be amazing. The first three books in the series (The Angel Experiment, School’s Out- Forever, and Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports) were some of the best books I have ever read. They were chock-full of... (more »)