Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Alice Through the Looking Glass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“I will restore order to the Universe.” Walking out of the movie theatre, the only quote I could remember was this so-heroic-that-it’s-funny line by Alice. My friends and I had a good laugh over this poorly worded line,... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Views by Drake This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Aubrey Drake Graham, known as Drake, has become one of the most musically influential individuals of this generation. Born and raised in Toronto, Drake first rose to fame as an actor on the teen drama show “Degrassi.” He later... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
25 by Adele This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In 2011, British singer/songwriter Adele released the melodious, tasteful collection of a generation – her landmark album “21.” It features songs laced in orchestral drama, like “Rolling in the Deep” and “Set... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“This is what it means to love someone. This is what it means to grieve someone. It’s a little bit like a black hole. It’s a little bit like infinity.” Margot (Gottie) H. Oppenheimer is 17 when she starts to realize... (more »)
Subsection: Hot New Releases
Spaceballs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A gallon of “Star Wars,” mixed with a quart of “Star Trek,” a pint of “Alien,” a cup of “Planet of the Apes,” a fluid ounce of “It Happened One Night,” and thousands of sprinkles of... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Zootopia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Disney has always made “feel good” movies. Whether the good feelings come from the songs, the wonderfully animated characters, or the goofy antics, there’s no denying that on a rainy day, Disney is just the trick to make you... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews   2 comments
Death of a Bachelor by Panic! at the Disco This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Solo and soaring, Brendon Urie fronts Panic! at the Disco with the release of the band’s fifth studio album, “Death of a Bachelor.” The record is entirely unique to any of its predecessors, yet is right at home with... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“The road we could follow in Hong Kong was a dead one,” said 11-year-old Kimberly Chang’s mother, known to her as Ma. “The only future I could see for us, for you, was here, where you could become whatever you... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
A Long Way Gone • Ishmael Beah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier, by Ishmael Beah takes readers on an extraordinary and memorable journey through his experiences as a child soldier in Sierra Leone’s civil war. Through his perspective, readers experience and... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Although I do not usually find that I enjoy mandatory summer reading books, today is the day where I declare The Lords of Discipline to be the best high school summer reading book!   The Lords of Discipline is written from the perspective... (more »)
A View from the Bridge by Arthur Miller
‘A View from the Bridge’ is a short play divided into two acts. Written by Arthur Miller, a praised and renowned script writer, I expected this play to be an interesting read. Although this was a first timer with one of Arthur Miller’s... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Little Prince This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
2016 has been a year of many things. It’s been a year of political turmoil, with Britain exiting the European Union, and the U.S. presidential election. It’s been a year of terrorist attacks, with bombings in Paris, Brussels,... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Few series have been kept alive for as long as the Elder Scrolls. The first was released in 1994, and Bethesda Game Studios, the developer, has continued this epic series for more than 20 years. “Skyrim” is my favorite because it... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Assassin’s Creed This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You walk through the chaotic crowd, gently pushing the panicked civilians aside as you plan your assassination. You hide in the dark corners and evade the guards. Climbing the complex structure of the palace, you make your way above the lowly... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Counter Strike: Global Offensive This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Counter Strike: Global Offensive” is a competitive first-person shooter mainly played on the PC. After its release in 2012, millions fell in love with this game due to its intensely competitive play style. The first thing that... (more »)
Suicide Squad
Summer is almost over, so it's time to review the only movie that will matter for about 2 months...or whenever Doctor Strange comes out. Suicide Squad is the second movie in the DC Extended Universe and stars a myriad of people ranging from... (more »)