Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Bloody Hands
Human society changes at a rapid pace and its power structure must do the same. Both Mark Twain, in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and David Brooks, in “Our Machine Masters” explore how conventional systems of power must accommodate... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Lord of the Flies by William Golding This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
At their most primal, most basic core, human beings are naturally savage creatures. Societal standards can polish and assimilate people into a more controlled, well-mannered demeanor, but when the shackles of culture and community are lifted,... (more »)
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
Do you like to pick favorites and get attached to characters when reading a story? Do you have a habit of finding out good guys you love and bad guys you love to hate? Do you like to read a story and say “Hey, I told you so”, to your fans... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Roll of Thunder: Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
This novel, by Mildred D. Taylor features a black family that lived in Mississippi during the Great Depression. During this harsh time, the Logan family faced many struggles that threatened each individual family member and the land in which... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
There is nothing more magical than a childhood summer. For Douglas Spaulding, that is precisely the case—and he can sense there is something else in the air when the summer of 1928 commences. He will undergo an unprecedented journey of... (more »)
Out Of Dust by Karen Hesse
Out of Dust Karen Hesse Great Source 240 Pages 2009 Poetry Imagine waking up in terror of intense dust storms every once in a while. Having dust run up and out your nose and mouth. Not being able to play your favorite instrument because your... (more »)
Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu
War is upon them. Day and June have chosen their side, as they decided to stand behind their young Elector Primo. Picking the Republic, over what they have done to them really changed Day and June.  Yet they rather fight for their messed up... (more »)
Before IDie by Jenny downham
  Before I Die-Jenny Downham May 2009 Publisher:  David Fickling Books Pages: 327                Realistic fiction         Imagine you have cancer. The doctors say you only have until next summer to live. You’re... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Death Sentence: Escape From Furnace by...
Death Sentence: Escape from Furnace/ Alexander Gordon Smith Square Fish, 2009, 261 pp. Horror The gates of Hell have reopened and the Devil’s spawn welcomes you. You must fight the evil in yourself, The Warden, and all the horrors that lie... (more »)
the gun by paul lagan
The  Gun  /  Paul  Langan Townsend  Press  ,  2002  ,  123  PP. Non  Fiction You  the  bully  at  Bluford  High  anybody  and  everybody  fears.  Until  one  day  a  kid  stands  up  to  you  and  takes ... (more »)
The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Giver/ Lois Lowry The john Newbery Medal proudly presented to a happy, sad, and caring novel The Giver an inspirational to all. Once you start you can’t stop. It’s like mowing a lawn once you start you can’t stop until all of the... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
i funny by james patterson
Jared Holmes I funny/James Patterson Fiction A boy named Jamie who’s crippled by a car accident and  trying to be the world’s funniest kid. This story has all types of jokes that will make u have all types of emotions. I funny is an... (more »)
A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
A Child Called It /Dave Pelzer Health Communications, Inc. 1995,183 Auto Biography The story A Child Called it astonished me by telling me an story about a young boy who is constantly fighting to stay alive. Dave Pelzer was a child that had a... (more »)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars/John Green Speak, 2012, 352pp Young-adult fiction "I'm a grenade," I said again. "I just want to stay away from people and read books and think" "That's the thing about pain," Augustus said, and then glanced back at me.... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Struck by lightning by Chris Colfer This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Struck by Lightning Little, Brown Books for Young Readers,2012,272 pp. Realistic fiction Carson Philips the lowest of the lowest in high school doesn’t have many friends. He loves to write for the school newspaper. Carson wants to... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The freedom writers diary by Erin Gruwell This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
The Freedom Writers Diary/Erin Gruwell 292 pages, Broadway Books (October 12, 1999) Non-Fiction    This story is about one determined teacher helping with class of 150 delinquent student’s success in school and in life. These are diaries... (more »)