Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Why can’t any survival horror game be original anymore? Save for the select few (Alien: Isolation, the Penumbra trilogy, Calling, Cursed Mountain, and even the eternally overrated Five Nights at Freddy’s), most survival horror games are as... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews
Ant-Man This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Ant-Man” is one of Marvel’s newest movies that has swarmed into the cinematic world. It is filled with thrilling action and comedy. So far this movie is kicking off with great success taking in at least $57,000 million thus far. It is not... (more »)
Folie à Deux by Fall Out Boy
The era of Folie à Deux is a time Fall Out Boy fans will never forget. Filled with meaningful lyrics written by bassist Pete Wentz and appearances by Paris Hilton in their music videos, it is an age unappreciated by the media, but... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Jurassic World This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
It's been over twenty years from the theme park sensation, Jurassic Park, the project that brought dinosaurs back from extinction, thrilled the public, yet ended in disaster. Since then a new park has been made: Jurassic World. Every year it... (more »)
Jamie Oliver's Restaurant
Today I visited Jamie Oliver's restaurant with my boyfriend on our first year anniversary. Jamie really did do well for us. It is situated next to the monument in Newcastle, so is within walking distance from the hay market and metro... (more »)
Avengers: Age of Ultron This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Avengers: Age of Ultron” tells the sequel of the Marvel Avengers battle against the computer villain, Ultron. When Tony Stark jumpstarts a dormant program, a tragic mistake, the reunited Avengers set out to put a stop to Ultron before he... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Furious 7 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Furious 7 is part of the Fast and Furious franchise, starring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, Jordana Brewster, Ludacris, Jason Statham, Tyrese Gibson, and others. Furious 7 was directed by James Wan and came out on... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Amadeus This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Antonio Salieri (F. Murray Abraham) is a typical composer, getting by until someone who seems to command the music of the gods arrives in Vienna. Thousands will come to know his name immortalized: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Tom Hulce). And Salieri... (more »)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Here are a few words I must say before beginning this review: I shocked myself that I was even interested in picking this book up. I don't know what overcame me in these few seconds--maybe it was an adrenaline rush or a longing for just more... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   1 comment
A Good Man Is Hard to Find by Flannery... This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Hailing from the South is the story combo that will set in stone the identity of Flannery O’Connor—short stories laced in truth, good solid Christian faith, as well as often blood-letting horror sum up as several great adventures into the... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   2 comments
The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant
I didn’t think I’d ever be able to enjoy Historical Fiction. I always thought that public school had completely drained out every aspect of enjoy there is in those kinds of books. The Boston Girl changed every opinion that I originally had... (more »)
Guys Vs. Men by Dave Barry
       Dave Barry's 'Guys vs. Men" article is a humorous way to show the degree of maturity to what it is to be a "man" and what it is to be a "guy". A man has more responsibility, maturity, and a sense of control, who knows when to be... (more »)
The giver by Lois Lowry
This is a book I really enjoyed. The world building and writing style was top-notch, and the characters were all very well developed and jumped off the pages as you read them. In this first book in a series of 4 (the giver quartet), there are... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews   3 comments
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This book had it's up and downs but I turned out loving it in the end. The book started rather slow, but around chapter ten or eleven, things started to pick up a little. Then it got slow again, only to pick up speed later. This book was like a... (more »)
Final Exam by Pauline W. Chen
Death is a difficult thing to handle, even for doctors. Pauline Chen’s memoir Final Exam elucidates the paradox that medical professionals face at the end of life: they are surrounded by and deeply involved with the dying, but emotionally... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl #2) by Cecily...
The Upper East Side of New York is where all the fun happens. From gossip about each other, to the cut throat competitions they do, and finally their university examinations. Where the Ivy League colleges’ only want the best, they are sadly... (more »)