Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

I am Number Four
            Have you ever been sitting at home wishing you could be reading a good book? Then you’ll love I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. This book will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time with its action, love, and... (more »)
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
I am passionate about characters. I love being able to dive into the inner world of another person. Ever since I was little, I would dive into a book with such gusto no one would even try to bother me. With some books, it would be hard to... (more »)
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
The Outsiders was written by S.E Hinton in 1967. The book is about a society of two groups of people. There are the Greasers, poor people, and the Socs, rich and popular people. The Outsiders is not a utopia. The Outsiders is a dystopia... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Eureka This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
While this review may come a few years late, considering the show ended back in 2011, this review (and expression of love for the show) needs to happen. Eureka centers around Jack Carter, who gets stranded in the small town of Eureka with his... (more »)
Subsection: TV Show Reviews
Ghost Stories by Coldplay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Coldplay is a British group that became popular at the start of the 21st century with their first album, “Parachutes,” which included the massive, melodic hit “Yellow.” Since then, the group has gone on to produce “A Rush of Blood to the... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews   1 comment
Turn Blue by The Black Keys This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The Black Keys have always posed an interesting conundrum for critics. On one hand, this is a band made up of two guys who went from riding around in a rust-bucket El Camino and earning dough performing in local country barrooms to churning out... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews   1 comment
Because the Internet by Childish Gambino This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Childish Gambino demonstrates his ability to intrigue listeners and surpass superficial rap material on his sophomore album, “Because the Internet.” Not only does the album have catchy lyrics and beats, it dives deep into Gambino's inner... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
The Giver This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Based on the acclaimed novel by Louis Lowry and directed by Phillip Noyce, The Giver made its debut to the theaters on August 14. This tear-jerking, and poignant film reveals the story of seventeen-year-old Jonah, living in a flawed utopian... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
Harold and Maude This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Let me just go ahead and say this is my first opinon (and somewhat review) before. I usually write short stories and poems. Readers are free to leave any feedback they want. Now with that terrible introduction out of the way, let me ask you a... (more »)
Subsection: Movie Reviews
A Very Hexy Valentine's Day (Hex Hall,...
 Ah, Valentine’s day. And what more could you ask for on this February 14th, than to spend it with your favorite Hex Halls couple? If you had not read the third book, please do so before even looking up this book! As it is a short story of... (more »)
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
    Hannah Baker committed suicide. There was no note left. That was the end of it. At least that’s what Clay Jensen thought until a box turns up on his doorstep. Inside the box are seven cassette tapes. Clay doesn’t know what to make of... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Giver Quartet - Son by Lois Lowry This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Son by Lois Lowry brings The Giver Quartet to a close. In a shocking, haunting and sweet ending, the tale is finally at an ending and Lowry’s groundbreaking novels are complete – winning her awards of all kinds. I truly enjoyed reading each... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
The Maze Runner by James Dashner This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
aMAZEing A review of The Maze Runner book and movie   James Dashner has now joined the ranks of authors, like Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling, who have written young adult books that have been successfully translated to film. I was... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Messenger by Lois Lowry This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Messenger by Lois Lowry is the third instalment to The Giver Quartet. Lois Lowry’s writing is one that is truly inspiring. Somehow, in some way, she draws you in slowly but intriguingly, keeping answers in your view but not reachable until she... (more »)
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
THHRe: Wildwood Dancing #1 in the Wildwood Dancing Series    Jena and her sisters keep a greatest secret: at the night of the Full Moon, they travel from the human world into the brilliant wildwood, filled with mystical creatures,... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
A Gallagher Wedding (Gallagher Girls #6.5) by...
 This is the Gallagher Girl book I've been waiting for. If you have not read the sixth book before now you must go a read it! It is essential to read that before even looking at the summary of this book. This short story is only twelve pages... (more »)