Wok Street | Teen Ink

Wok Street

Let's talk about this Wok street. What kind food does this place serve? Vietnamese, Indian, Italian, Mexican, etc. Well, this takeout/ restaurant serves Chinese food. They have a wide variety of options from dumplings, orange chicken, etc. Well since it was my first time trying Chinese this place provided the best experience for me. The food was bursting with flavor the customer service was great and the environment was friendly.

So, as you can tell I am going to give a great review of this place but I wanted to start off with something simple the presentation. When I opened the box of food it produced an aroma of deliciousness. It looked a little compacted together but I was glad that it was compacted because it provided me with leftovers that I could save and eat for the next day. To be honest I still have some now. Don't even get me started on the fried dumplings the presentation was beautiful it had cabbage 12 dumplings and it contained a small cup of dumpling sauce.The Kung Pao chicken was too messy, the sauce was dripping off the sides of the box and the chicken didn't look very appealing.

Now, we can move on the taste, everything tasted delicious.The dumplings had a crispy taste and it had a little sweet taste too it. The sauce gave it a type of savory taste. So, I guess you could say that the dumplings had a sweet and savory taste. There was a dish that I forgot to mention, the shrimp lo mein. It had a great smack, the noodle fell apart as soon as it went into your mouth meaning it was cooked perfectly. It had a little less amount of shrimp then I thought it would but overall it was a great dish. Then there was the Kung Pao Chicken but I must inform you that these prospects were picked by a lottery system. Now I didn't think that this was going to be bad, but this dish was not my favorite. It had a great taste but the thing that got me the most was the vegetables. There were too many, it had more veggies than the chicken that was the problem for me.

The takeout/restaurant allowed me to have a great first-time Chinese food experience it allowed me to eat in a quiet family friendly environment. They had tons of choices so my whole family was able to joy a delicious meal to their liking. So I would highly recommend this for a great dinner or lunch.

I hope for the people who have never tried chinese food that they enjoy it after they see that it can be very delicious.