My Response to "This Is Democracy" This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The writing titled “This is Democracy,” written by Odessa G., was fascinating. Her writing about The Woman’s March left me feeling empowered. Odessa was there; she was in it; she witnessed what happened, and from her perspective, I see it the same way and couldn’t agree with her more.  When she told us, “The Woman’s March swallowed DC,” I couldn’t believe it. So many people came out to support the same cause, stand up for what they believe, and protested gracefully with no fighting or harm being done. I remember watching the March on the news and watching in awe at all the women who were standing up for what they believe. I wanted to be a part of it, and I loved reading about one’s experience. She wrote, “I ran forward ecstatically, weaving through the crowd of fellow protesters.” Goldberg talks about her time there and how she was so happy to be there with people who thought the same way she did. This work was beautifully written, and I loved reading it.