Clay keeps the show going (oh yes, along with some rabbits, cows, Frenchmen, etc. but nobody notices | Teen Ink

Clay keeps the show going (oh yes, along with some rabbits, cows, Frenchmen, etc. but nobody notices

Monty Python fans have flocked from around most of the world to see Spamalot. The show, which is based on the popular 70s movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" won the 2005 Tony for Best Musical. Now in its final weeks on Broadway, people still flock in to New York to see the show. Though the cast of people is amazing, it is really Clay Aiken who has stolen the show. It's not really suprising. After all, with a successful career that has led to being second place on American Idol, 4 top 10 albums, 3 succesful Christmas tours (I could go on, but then I'd be here all night), Mr. Aiken, who turns 30 on Nov. 30, has quite a knack for musical theater. I won 4 tickets to Spamalot through a local contest, and was happy to see that Mr. Aiken was playing Sir Robin The Chickenhearted again. Since I am young and the company with me wanted to leave ASAP, I did not find him afterwards, but I must say this was Clay Aiken at his best. Most of my friends refuse to go see the show now that Mr. Aiken is a part of it. To tell you the truth, Mr. Aiken really stole the first act, and after his big number in the second act, "You won't succeed on Broadway", blends in with the rest of the cast. Nonetheless, he was quite amazing in his role, and I'm happy I saw him.