Give Him a Chance | Teen Ink

Give Him a Chance

By stacyy.h BRONZE, BROOKLYN, New York
stacyy.h BRONZE, BROOKLYN, New York

I understand that Donald Trump is going to be America’s president, as Hannah P. reminded readers in “Give Him a Chance.” There really is nothing that I can do to change that.  I know that he won't be able to do many of the things he said he would, like build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.  But once he makes everyone in Congress people who support his ideas, the checks and balances that Hannah refers to will not exist anymore.  He'll be able to do whatever he wants and get away with it.  I am afraid, not only because Trump is going to run this country, but because people wanted him to.  Because an unexperienced, loudmouthed, sexist, racist businessman is going to be president.  This man has gone bankrupt multiple times and has been accused of rape.  He wouldn't even be president if it weren't for the electoral college.  Hillary won the popular vote.  She deserved to be on that podium on January 20th, 2017.  

on Jan. 24 2017 at 5:55 pm
Richcoca PLATINUM, Canoga Park, California

Make as many as mistakes as you want, just don't make the same mistake.

He already signed in the Global Gag rule. He's gonna reduce the power of the EPA. His chance is already seeming to be falling apart in my eyes. Well said! If we were all as analytical as you, he wouldn't be our president.

on Jan. 24 2017 at 11:03 am
devils_advocate PLATINUM, Spring, Texas

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
-Haruki Murakami

THANK YOU!!!