L.L. Bean Boot Review | Teen Ink

L.L. Bean Boot Review

January 5, 2017
By giobella BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
giobella BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You probably noticed a lot of brown and tan rubber-bottomed weather shoes this season. Most likely, it’s L.L. Bean’s Bean Boots, which has become very popular. Unfortunately, I do not have a pair of L.L. Bean boots, but I have had much experience with them. I have borrowed these boots from one of my friends and surprisingly, I have learned a lot about them.

So you may be wondering what is so special about this boot and what they are like. You are also probably wondering why you should buy these boots instead of Sorrel boots or UGG boots. I am here to tell you why you are making the right decision on buying these great boots. These boots have become very trendy over the past years; you may see college students and even high school students wearing these boots all the time. The great element about these shoes is that you can always wear them and make a great outfit. Another great thing about these shoes is that they are great for when it snows, rains, or is just really muddy. These shoes are meant to be worn in those types of situations. If you were to get mud on Sorrel or UGGs they would be ruined and you would probably have to buy a new pair of boots-which would not be pleasant at all.  Having a great boot for different types of weather conditions and not having to worry about ruining your shoes is always great. Another perk with L.L. Bean is that they have a variety of options on their styles. Ther are three main styles. First is the regular style, this boot is thin insulated (I do not recommend), I have heard that these boots do not keep your feet warm at all. Another type is the insulated boot. These boots really keep your feet warm. I have actually worn these and I give it a big thumbs up. I wore them on a cold wintery night with my friends and my feet were not cold at all! Although the other options are great, my favorite boot would have to be last but not least the shearing-lined boot. This is boot is the most expensive out of the three however; they will keep you the warmest.   There are many different styles that you can choose from; there is a six-inch boot and also an eight-inch boot. You can buy them in tan/brown or in tan/navy. Personally, I prefer the tan/brown if you asked me. I just think that they can go with more.  People may want to consider what height they want the boot to be. I know many women prefer the eight-inch boot and men prefer the six-inch boot.


Since winter is right around the corner, I definitely recommend purchasing a pair of L.L. Bean boots. Hurry get them quick in fact, the boots are so popular they sell out every winter. I tried to order any type of boot from L.L bean, but they are not supposed to come in until February 27 of next year! Note to all my reviews: definitely purchase a pair in the summertime!


The author's comments:

This inspired me because in our Creative Writing class we were to choose a topic on Christmas. Something that was popular during Christmas time. At my school, so many girls wear L.L. Bean boots during this time so I thought it would be a perfect fit to write about.