Young Writers Society | Teen Ink

Young Writers Society

February 16, 2009
By Alwaysawriter BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Alwaysawriter BRONZE, Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times I’m hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst then you sure don’t deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe


The Young Writers Society is the best writing site online. Designed for young writers aged thirteen to twenty-five by Nathan Caldwell (aka Nate), it has grown to almost nine-thousand members since November 14, 2004. Writing is taken seriously, although we do have a lot of fun. Reviews are helpful, especially those by the Instructors (whose job is to write fantastic reviews) and the moderators.
New members will appreciate our Welcome forum, where they will get greeted by tons of Greeters, and get more offers for help than they have questions, as well as our Mentor program. They may be intimidated at first but they'll soon feel right at home.
In addition to our Welcome forum, we also have several other forums for various needs, including Randomness, the Lounge, Writing Tips, Book Reviews, Homework Help, Contests, About the Authors, and many others.
The usergroups are not to be forgotten, as we have over fifty of them, ranging from Manga to Character Development.
Chatspeak is discouraged but you'll see that it makes the site better.
The site is given a ten out of a ten in my book. Just check it out for yourself (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/)!

The author's comments:
I'm currently an Instructor there with the same name as I have here, just with a lowercase A as the first letter. If you join, feel free to private message (PM) me. :)