Different Opinion | Teen Ink

Different Opinion

By NickBrown73 BRONZE, Ayersville, Ohio
NickBrown73 BRONZE, Ayersville, Ohio

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" ~ Hellen Keller

I found Jessica Harris’s article “Death With Dignity” very aggravating and false.  Now I don’t want to sound like a “Jesus Freak” or a preacher or anything like that, but everything in this article is plain and simple wrong.  For one, the title says “Death With Dignity” when there is absolutely no dignity in killing yourself.  Killing yourself only proves one thing, and that is you are weak.  Both of my Grandmothers died while they while they were in pain, so I know what it is like to loose someone you love and how much it sucks watching them be in pain.  But as a human we have to right to avoid how we are supposed to die like you said in your article.  God created us to live and die, and how we die is not, or shouldn’t be anyways, up to us, it is up to him.  In your article you say “The right not to not suffer is a natural human right” and you are so wrong.  Suffering is part of being a human, pain is part of being human, and a natural death (whether painful or not) is part of being human.