Canterwood Crest Series Review | Teen Ink

Canterwood Crest Series Review

June 2, 2013
By 18sscholten BRONZE, Doha, Other
18sscholten BRONZE, Doha, Other
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"For myself, losing is not coming second. It's getting out of the water knowing you could have done better. For myself, I have won every race I've been in."


Imagine a modern castle. Sparkling with glass, but still somehow hides its inner beauty. That is Canterwood Crest. Canterwood Crest is a series that takes place in a boarding school. You might be thinking “eww boarding school” , but this school is different. It is where a 13 year old learns to forget her past and live her future. Lauren Towers, also known as LT, has had a bad past in horseback riding. She hides it from her new friends at Canterwood Crest, but will they ever find out?
LT has been riding ever since she was 7 years old at a local riding club. When she is 11 she goes to Yates Riding Academy (a boarding school) and realizes she isn’t the greatest. She makes friends, memories, and tea, but she also makes enemies, mistakes, and a huge accident.
When Lauren Towers gets accepted into Canterwood Crest, she hides her past from her new friends. She takes a lot of classes to try to forget her past, but it doesn’t help. Her friends are worried about Lauren. She looks stressed and pressured. One night she tries to do her homework and falls asleep. She starts off the next day not so good: she’s late, forgot her homework, and she didn’t get breakfast. Later that day she has tryouts for the riding team. She wants to get into intermediate, and tries her best. Will she make it?
This series has been amazing. If you like a series that will put someone in your shoes then I advise you to read this series. It brought out tears, laughs, and chills to my feet. It is a realistic fiction series with lots of details and meaning. When I was reading it it felt like I was part of the books. Jessica Burkhart is the author of the series. She is well-known for her foreshadowing and mysterious stories. The series is still going on, and I can’t wait until the 14th book comes out.
The series is a deep truthful story which you will adore. It’s blood-gushing excitement with thrill you. Is her best enough, and will her friends ever find out? Will she ever be able to control the feelings? Or will she have to face the consequences? Find out now! Read Canterwood Crest.