Behind the Curtain | Teen Ink

Behind the Curtain

Often in our lives we come across cheerful, lively and joyful people who usually become the light and colour of our lives. Those people must have the same problems as we do but never can we hear them complaining. The question that arises here is that are these people really contented and satisfied with their lives like we think? We never see them voicing out anything that troubles them but that doesn’t really mean that they don’t have any problems or dissatisfactions.

Maybe in reality there is actually misery etched behind the wrinkles of laughter, maybe their joyful nature is hiding their struggles of getting out of the sea of problems in which they are stranded. It could be that those soft, warm eyes are actually full of pain of being sad and lonely.

These people are unusually strong and can hide their feelings and can stop their tears from flowing. They are people who deserve our highest praise because ones ability to have control over their emotions, overpower their strong feelings is a ability that deserves the highest praise from us.

Such people do exist in this world. We call them by the title of people who are “emotionally strong” but in our society do not give them much importance. Infact we should realize that they also have the same feelings that they are also hurt with the same harsh words. What if they don’t show their emotions they do have the same feelings like us…we should take some time out of our and think about these people, just imagine walking in their boots for some time…
For these are people whose warm smiles hide the abundance of their worries, whose jolly nature falls like a curtain hiding the perturbed thoughts…

:P said...
i love this article...its great!

cullen gal said...
i am simply amazed

spyra said...
wow that is great piece of art keep it up.

on Sep. 12 2008 at 8:28 am
Veery well written. Nice work. I should learn from peeople like you, should not i

bella said...
whoa....very true!!

on Sep. 9 2008 at 8:58 am
Mashallah, it is beautiful. I really MUST praise and admire you.

me_myself42 said...
awesome

Rowling said...
Cool, Aaiza I. this article is really amazing n awesome! It's really nice, seriously. Good luck, you could be a great writer! =)