A Play to Remember | Teen Ink

A Play to Remember

April 24, 2012
By MichaelElbing BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
MichaelElbing BRONZE, Amery, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It would be a challenge to find such a great cast that would do as well as the one in The Diary of Anne Frank.

Anne Frank, a thirteen year old Jewish girl, is in hiding with her parents, sister, and the Van Daan family. This play takes place back during World War II when Nazi Germany brought all of the Jews into concentration camps to die.

This play had many great components to it. The acting was portrayed beautifully, and no matter where you are sitting you can see the whole set and hear every word that is spoken.

They also do a great job with going from one time frame to another. It brings the ending a lot more value.

One thing about this play that wasn’t great was the scenery. The only thing you can see is the attic. I don’t like this because you can never really get a feel for what is happening below the two families downstairs.

However, this play does a great job illustrating what life for a Jewish person was like in those times. I suggest that everyone goes and sees The Diary of Anne Frank to get a feel for what life was really like.