Mortal Combat | Teen Ink

Mortal Combat

Do you like video games!?!?!? Well so do fifty million other nerds! I play “Battlefield 2,” It used to be the most popular online game in 2005 and 2006, but now everyone play “Call of Duty 4” and “Halo 3,” and basically all the other modern combat games that copied Battlefield 2. Like all other new war games “Battlefield 2” is a modern combat game, and I think it’s the best one of all!

“Battlefield” is a modern combat game that is basically World War Three. You can play as America, China, Arabians, or England, depending on what map you are playing. (There are a lot of Maps available for play) You can also play as specific classes; such as: Special Ops, Medic, Support, Sniper, Engineer, or Anti-Tank. Each class has a different weapons or supplies, such as different rifles and instead of grenades the anti-tank soldier is equipped with a SRAW guided rocket launcher. (I know, I’m a nerd) The maps settings are all around Asia, the game doesn’t really tell you where exactly but you know it’s the Middle East and China, especially because of the map, “Gulf Of Oman,” which I know for a fact it’s in the Middle East.
I think “Battlefield 2” is Awesomo (Not a typo) because of the following reasons. Wow, you’re still reading. One, the maps are either very open or urban, so you can play the map type that you prefer. For those of you that don’t know and open map is mostly open spaces, such as fields or places with little houses. An urban map would be one with dense houses and the majority of the fighting takes place in the streets and in buildings, these maps are my personal favourite. (Not a typo) Another reason why battlefield is awesome is because of instead of having only 32 people on the maps like you do in most X-box live games, instead you can have 64 people, this intensifies game play and makes team work more fun. The last good thing about Battlefield I will state is the very wide range of vehicles available to you on EVERY map. On the open maps you have; Tanks, Jeeps, Jets, Helicopters, Boats, APC’s, and Anti Air vehicles. In the urban maps you have; Helicopters, Jeeps, Tanks, APC’s, and ATV’s. There are a lot more good things about battlefield I could state but I will stop here.

“Battlefield 2” is bad because of the reasons that follow. You’re STILL reading. Loser. Number one, “Battlefield 2” is pretty old, so the graphics quality is not as good as some games. The only other bad thing about “Battlefield 2” is that it is very easy to hack and cheat on. I have never done this myself but I have witnessed it first hand, some ultra nerds actually have the nerve to Hack into the individual game servers and give them cheats such as one hundred percent accuracy. With this they can snipe you with a shotgun.

When comparing “Battlefield 2” to the current top two first person shooters, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4, I still think “Battlefield 2” is the better. One thing “Battlefield 2” has that those other two games don’t, the ability to squad up, the ability for two to six guys to be in a specific squad, this enables more team work. Although, in “Call of Duty 4” you have things called perks, these perks enable your character to do specific things, such as reload faster or run faster. The biggest difference from this old game to these new games is the Graphics quality, “Call of Duty 4” and “Halo 3’s” graphics are incomparable to “Battlefield’s” but “Battlefield” has one other thing the other games will never have, beyond huge maps. The largest maps require vehicles or else it will take you ten minutes to walk from one end to the other, “Call of Duty” and “Halo” will never have this!

All in all “Battlefield 2” gets 5 out of 5 stars. Anyone who plays and loves “Call of Duty” would love “Battlefield.” Just so yah know, Battlefield 1942 (the first one released) got THE game of the year award, did “Call of Duty” or “Halo” ever get this award? Nope……..