Assassin's Creed | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed

Assassin’s is a game in which you play as Altair, a member of the Hashshashin, a real-life group of assassins that performed politically-motivated murders between the 11th and 13th centuries. The game is set in 1191 A.D, when the third crusade was happening. Your main goal is to eliminate nine historical figures that in fact were actually real people who died or disappeared in the time the game took place. In doing so you will gain peace in the holy land.

There are three cities in which you explore. These cities are Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. All three of these cities were well-researched and then carefully recreated right down to the last detail. Whatever you do, like climbing the building, people will stare at you like you were crazy and respond logically to your actions. Soldiers chase after you if you commit a crime like pick pocketing, killing someone, or if you perform an action that is socially unacceptable like pushing someone, making what they are carrying fall. You will then have to hide when nobody has spotted you and jump into something that will hide you until you are anonymous.

The graphics of this game are awesome. You always see the expressions on the player’s face and all the other NPCs. The terrified expressions on citizens and the threatening faces of guards when you execute an assassination are what make this game so fun. All of the objects and buildings in Assassin’s Creed look so real it seems as if you can touch them. The long and exciting story line also makes up the greatness of this game. The 10-12 hour storyline never gets boring as there are always new objectives to accomplish.