The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air | Teen Ink

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

The Bank’s family featured in this sitcom, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, was a normal family until one thing came up. WILL SMITH! The Bank’s family had to welcome Will into the family because Will caused trouble back in his home town, Philadelphia. This is one comedy that you do not want to miss out on! This show is amazing and you would get addicted too with the great characters, appropriate language and scenes, and also the funny dialogue and pick up lines.
The great characters that star in this sitcom are Will Smith, Carlton Banks, Ashley Banks, Hilary Banks, and the parents, Phil and Vivian Banks. Will plays the role of the new kid in town as the class clown, funny, and not so serious type of guy. Carlton wants to be like Will because he gets all the girls and in one episode, he gets jealous of Will because Will gets accepted to Princeton, the college of Carlton’s dreams. Ashley is the youngest in the family out of the crew. She wants to be treated as an adult with more responsibilities and more respect than what she says she has. But first she must act like an adult before she is to be treated like one. Hilary is the self-centered type and depends on Phil, her dad, to give her everything, so I guess you could say she’s a daddy’s girl.
The scenes in this hilarious sitcom are good. They are appropriate, there are no gory, bloody scenes, there is rarely any profanity at all, no sexual content, and very appropriate for almost all ages!
The funny dialogue, though, is what makes the sitcom so great. Will Smith is the one with the pick up lines and tries to make jokes out of every situation that he gets. He’s always making fat jokes about Phil, his uncle, and short jokes at Carlton, his cousin. Carlton contributes to the comedy with his two-year-old tantrums and his wannabe attitude. As I said before, Carlton continuously wants to be like Will, wanting all the girls, the looks, the personality, etc. It’s also funny, though, to watch Hilary in this sitcom because of her cocky, self-centered personality and to see how much she really does think about herself and no one else!
So, in conclusion, if you watched this show you would get addicted also. Its funny and it relates to real life situations and also shows the reactions to those situations and has great characters. Especially Phil’s anger outbursts at Will for all the trouble that he causes him.