Agatha | Teen Ink

Agatha

By JohnS12345 BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York
JohnS12345 BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York

As you enter the historical Boztown Village you feel like you're truly at home with a movie theater, post office, and a few restaurants. Agatha is a Greek restaurant whose executive chef is Michael Chrome. Chrome's restaurant serves Greek food which specializes in lunch and dinner. Agatha is a two story building with valet parking, a bar and an upstairs for private dining. The menu consists of a choice of meze, salads, entrees, sides, and a traditional whole animal. The average cost per person is around $30.

As you enter Agatha you hear a great amount of noise and imagine how you are going to eat a whole meal with all this noise. We did not show up with a reservation, but at 8 o'clock on a Thursday night, we were able to find a table. There was a slight mishmash between which table we were going to get. We waited for approximately 8 minutes until they seated us, a party of 4. We were escorted to the 2nd floor while we were squishing through to find our table. We ordered drinks only to be asked twice by two other waiters to see if we ordered yet. After 30 minutes of waiting after we ate our appetizer, and asking the manager where our food was, we finally got our main courses. I specifically asked for my steak to be without sausages, but sure enough it was in in my steak. My steak was a bit raw on the inside,as I asked for it to be medium well. The steak was also unfortunately cold. We were constantly checked on by three different waiters, and we could not enjoy our food in peace. The bread was stale, but the olive oil was terrific. After finishing our dinner we had no appetite for dessert. The bill was quite reasonable as it served a party of 4 for around $100.

Even thought Agatha is a beautiful restaurant with reasonably priced food it's not worth the stress of experience "fine dining" there. With terrible service, and mediocre food its not worth going there even though it is reasonably priced. There are a lot of other greek restaurants in the area which are a lot better than this.

Bottom line is the service was extremely unprofessional, and the is food not good. You might want to try this restaurant at a later date because you should account for its recent opening of the restaurant. I would personally not recommend this to a friend. 4/10