Nina Restaurant | Teen Ink

Nina Restaurant

By Georgie19 BRONZE, Middletown, New York
Georgie19 BRONZE, Middletown, New York

With Charm and Ambience Nina located in a vintage 1800s storefront in downtown Middletown has become one of Orange County’s most beloved restaurants. Chef Franz’s innovative international Cuisine has received accolades from customers and critics alike and was chosen as having the Best Filet Mignon by Hudson Valley Magazine readers. Nina has consistently received The Award of Excellence from Zagat, along with being ranked among its top 40 restaurants North of Manhattan. Dine at Nina and enjoy Award Winning Cuisine, Fabulous Wines and Spirits and Friendly Unpretentious Service, in an Intimate, Relaxed Atmosphere.

They have the best American-Italian cuisine in Middletown, NY. Trust me. I work there. For example: Appetizers; Fondue for Two with traditional cheese fondue served with apple, prosciutto and bread gives you that good tastes of cheese and makes you want to lick the plate. Another good appetizer is Mussels Normandy. Prince Edwards Island Mussels with apples and bacon in an apple brandy creamy sauce is delicious and also makes you want to lick the plate and I ask for more bread and I deep it in the apple brandy creamy sauce and like that is like eating two appetizers. For dinner my favorite dish is: Scallops tartuffo with fettuccine, seared diver scallops, crimini mushrooms, asparagus and truffles in parmesan sauce is so tasteful and so rich in flavor. Specially for me that I love truffle oil. For desert I`ll prefer a chocolate bread pudding with vanilla gelato. I think that’s one of my favorite deserts.

The atmosphere is so calm and with all the lights dimmed and a candle in the center of the tables makes you want to stay there forever. This place is perfect for dates (couples) because the colors of the wall and the décor are so romantic. They even have flowers up on the host`s station (most of the time are roses). With Cozy brick walls and Burnished tin ceiling the sophisticated, yet relaxed atmosphere is reminiscent of New York Cities Soho. The tables are spread a nice distance from each other to ensure privacy. Sometimes it gets too crowded and people start to talk loud and that’s when it’s not that romantic.

The service is good and they`re always checking on you if you need anything and if you need something they try to get it as soon as possible. This one time this lady went to Nina and after she finished her food, before she left she told me that her dad just died and that today was her birthday. On her way out she told me that I made her day. We always try to make the costumers feel good and confortable. Even though sometimes people give us a hard time but we still try to make it easy. The people who I work with are excellent friends and waitresses. They’ll always give their best and they`re the people who you want to be around.

Well. I hope you visit us one day and enjoy our food.