Review "For the Love of Peanut Butter" by Ally

The article “For the Love Of Peanut Butter published in Teen Ink’s newspaper was an article that revealed the struggles a teenager girl faced with an eating disorder called anorexia nervosa. This particular eating disorder causes the mind to see a distorted body image for him/her whenever he/she looks in the mirror. This specific article dealt with a teenage girl regulating her calorie intake and viewed her exterior as fat whereas piers and family where concerned by her eating habitats. Overall, this article reveals personal struggles that could influence young girls positively to eat and improve their self-confidence.

The pain and challenges “Ally” faced are heartbreaking. It is depressing to know someone saw himself or herself as fat whereas they had a ghastly skeletal appearance. The obsession teenagers have with always losing weight results from lack of self-confidence. Eating disorders are not only physical disorders but mental disorders too. Teen ink did an incredible job running this article; it gives a personal experience of struggles “Ally” had to face and the challenges she had to overcome. Eventually this could decrease the amount of eating disorders that exist throughout the nation. In conclusion, this article reveals a person experience of a teenage girl that enhances a readers understanding of the complexity effects of eating disorders and the serious impact eating disorders have on the human body and brain.