Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

adidas USA
Customer Service
5055 N Greeley Ave.
Portland, OR 97217

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a senior in high school just wrapping up my final season of varsity high school football. Throughout my entire football career, I have trusted adidas as my brand of choice for football cleats. Comfortability is the number one attribute I look for. My feet are slightly wider than most people's, and many shoes are uncomfortable because they hurt the sides of my feet. However, adidas cleats do not. Compared to other brands such as Nike, Under Armour, and Reebok, your cleats provide the highest amount of luxury. And your cleats are the lightest in the game. Wow! However, I am writing today because I am dissatisfied with my last purchase.

At the beginning of my football season, I purchased a pair of size 11 red molded adiZero scorch football cleats. Throughout two-a-days, the cleats worked great. But going into the second game, the cleats under the outside sole of my cleat were starting to break off of the bottom of the shoe. Since the damage did not significantly change how the cleats felt during practice, I ignored it. But once it got towards the end of the season, I noticed when I was backpedaling and cutting in drills the cleat on that side of my right shoe felt weird. After practice I checked it and the cleats were bent almost totally backwards and were falling off. I normally would have sent these shoes back to Eastbay, but I am still finishing out my season in the third round of the playoffs. I would be pleased if you could send me a refund for these defective cleats I paid 100 dollars for. I have included a picture of the cleats for your convenience.

As one of the top cleat manufacturers in the world, your cleats should not be malfunctioning like this. This is the first problem I have had with any of your products, so it would be great if I could get a refund.