Box Hill Pizza | Teen Ink

Box Hill Pizza

By senordude187 BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
senordude187 BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey

Box Hill Pizza is a medium sized pizza shop located just north of Baltimore. This shop has been open for 26 years and since has expanded to the size of three stores. When I first walked in I was surprised by the size. Last time I had bee there (3 or 4 years ago) it wasn’t half the size.

When I first walked my eyes went straight to the empty tables. They were spotless with pieces of paper acting as placemats neatly laid out across the tables. The waitress brought us over to a table right next to the kitchen. From our table I could smell all the food and it smelled great.

Next the waitress brought us our menus and we looked them over. They were filled with not only pizza but sandwiches, salads, and chicken fingers. They also had their famous crab cakes which were featured in the Baltimore magazine and won a crab cake contest. I decided to go with two pieces of pepperoni pizza while the rest of my family ordered regular sandwiches. My mom also ordered some crab cakes to go.

When I first saw the pizza it didn’t look like anything special. Then I took a bite and my mouth was instantly filled with flavor. The gooey delicious cheese and crisp pepperoni made an excellent combo. The puffy crust was a great way to finish it all off. The real treat came later though when we ate the crab cakes. The crab cakes were bursting with flavor from the spices. The texture was also perfect. There was a crisp outer coating protecting a creamy inner core.

Overall this is one of the best pizza places I’ve ever experienced. The food was excellent and the service was even better. I would recommend this to anyone in the area.