The iPad resumes Apple's success | Teen Ink

The iPad resumes Apple's success

By c_cole SILVER, Miami, Florida
c_cole SILVER, Miami, Florida

Despite the harsh critcism it has been given since first announced, the Apple iPad has so far done exceedingly well with early reviews. The super high tech gadget also sold an estimated 500,000 units in its first day. Critics, tech writers, and consumers alike were all pondering whether or not this device could measure up to the great success of its predecessor, the iPhone. The look made many think that the iPad was just a larger, more hectic version of the iTouch, with some features of the Amazon Kindle. But in reality, the iPad offers much more than that. The iPad makes Safari, Mail, Photos, Videos, the App Store, the newly made iBooks, and many more features, more accessible and more powerful because of its size. This sleek new device is also preloaded with great, helpful features, especially for students. For example, if you need to buy a book for school, you go to the book store. But with the iBook store, there are alot of classic books for free. I went to the Apple store and tested it out and was all but disappointed. In fact...Hey mom, please don't wait for Christmas.