Qdoba | Teen Ink

Qdoba

By Kayla Chestnut BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado
Kayla Chestnut BRONZE, Westminster, Colorado

One scorching summer day my best friend Reneé and I were walking to the King Soopers off of 80th and Wadsworth to get some food because our hunger was unbearable. You could hear our stomachs growl from miles away. As we were walking down the blazing hot asphalt of the parking lot, an enticing aroma caught our attention. We looked around to see what the delicious smell could be and that’s when the cardinal red Qdoba sign came into our view. Without even saying anything to each other we both knew what the plan was. Opening up the door was just the beginning of an unforgettable experience.

As you walk into the doors you can tell right away that you are in a very friendly atmosphere. The first thing you hear is calm music playing from the speakers in the ceiling. People are sitting all around the restaurant laughing and talking about what went on in their day, they sometimes look at you and smile and they might even say hi, which makes you feel very
Welcome. When you stand in line, you will look down and see polished floors and rugs that are vacuumed and neatly lined up. You can look around and see cleaned off tables or the employees cleaning off dirty tables.

When I got to the counter where you get to make your order, I looked up at the menu. There were so many choices to choose from. There were burritos, tacos, naked burritos, tortilla soup, nachos, quesadillas, Mexican gumbo, chips, and they also serve breakfast. If you get a burrito, they start off by warming up the tortilla on a steamer. Next, they put the rice on it, and you get a choice of pinto beans or black beans. Once you make your decision they put your choice of meat on it either chicken, steak, pork, or beef and then you get to make yet another decision about what kind of salsa you want. Finally they ask you if you want cheese and sour cream, and then your ideal burrito gets wrapped up and is on its way to being in your stomach.

After going through all of the choices in my head I finally decided what I wanted to eat and it was the 3 cheese nachos. I watched them put the chips in the red basket and then drizzle the tantalizing queso sauce all over them. They then put chicken on it and next came the cheese and sour cream. Once we finally got to the cash register I payed for my meal and then me and Nay went and sat down at a table near a window. As soon as I took a bite my taste buds were like a marriachi band playing fun and tasteful music inside of my mouth. They were like an addicting drug, once you start eating them you can’t stop. Ever since that day, everytime I go to a Qdoba I get that exact meal just because of how it satisfies my every need.

So if you are ever in the same situation as me and my good friend Reneé, my suggestion would be to go the best Mexican food restaurant in the whole world. Trust me you won’t be disappointed!

I wrote this because i had to and i got extra credit if i submitted to this website