The Moment of Truth | Teen Ink

The Moment of Truth

April 2, 2008
By Anonymous

The Moment of Truth


Recently a new show known as “The Moment of Truth” has been added to the hit shows on fox. However if you asked me this show is not a hit. Before I get into why it’s not lets talk about what the show actually is.

Basically all you need to do is tell the truth in order to win 500,000 thousand dollars. Contestants answer a series of 21 increasingly personal and embarrassing questions in order to win this prize. If they lie once they lose everything. In order to make sure the contestants are telling the truth they are previously given a polygraph test. If you watch the show, some of the questions you might hear are, “Have you ever cheated on your wife?” or “Do you believe you mother is overweight?” As you get further into the 21 questions the more personal they become.

What I don’t like is that they only use people who have something to lose. A normal person who passed the polygraph test would never be chosen. I also don’t understand how someone can lose the show. Whether or not you tell the truth or lie; you are going to be found out. If you tell the truth you might be embarrassed, but you win some money. If you lie the people still find out the truth and you lose all the money. It’s understandable to leave and keep the money that you have, but to lie and be found out anyway, and then leave with no money is ridiculous. If I were to take the test I would just tell the truth because of I lied, they would know I lied.

Overall I don’t think this as good as a show as people may think it is. There is almost no point to it. All it does is, it gives people a simple way to win some money, a lot of which mess up and lose. “The Moment of Truth,” I believe, did not live up to its advertisements, and is a failure as a T.V. show.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."
Zack Hartzman