the driving age. | Teen Ink

the driving age.

Midterm Essay

I believe that teenagers are very reckless; however they do know what they are doing when they do it. I support the idea of rising the driving age because when your sixteen you are too young and immature and most teens make very impulsive decisions. By doing this we are not completely eradicating the problem. Eighteen year old boy’s brains develop slower than girls and usually are the ones who get into car accidents. When a boy is eighteen he is still under developed mentally and still is able to make impulsive decisions. Just because your child is not driving at sixteen they could be getting into a car with underdeveloped boys who does drugs or drink alcohol, then there you go another statistic on your hands. What I’m trying to say is that the thought of this act is very good; however it will not alleviate child teens from doing harmful, reckless things. These agencies can try but remember when you were sixteen how many teenagers really listen? They all never think it can happen to them but nobody’s invincible. Teens are going to continue to get into trouble, even if you higher the driving age they will find something else to dig their paws into until their of legal age to drive.

I feel very strongly about this type of article.