OPAAA! | Teen Ink

OPAAA!

By klasare BRONZE, Prospect Heights, Illinois
klasare BRONZE, Prospect Heights, Illinois

This Greek family diner, commonly known as “Jimmy’s” is nestled on the east side of Rand Road in Des Plaines, Illinois. Owned by Mr. and Mrs. James Stergios and run by sons Peter and Spiros, the restaurant is a family-friendly atmosphere with warm and welcoming owners. Restaurant meals include breakfast, lunch and dinner, with appetizers and sides including their well-known Saganaki, crispy mozzarella sticks, their perfected Greek salad, and for breakfast, Jimmy’s salty, crispy hash browns are a must. If ordering breakfast, an omelet, made to order, a Gypsy skillet, or a chopped steak along side sunny-side-up eggs would be a delicious decision. For a lunch break, a BLT, chicken caesar salad, or a juicy cheeseburger with Tina’s salty, golden brown french-fries will settle well in a starving stomach. A delectable dinner decision would be traditional Greek kabobs with golden Greek potato wedges fit for a king. With the perfect balance of spices and appropriate prices, Jimmy’s won’t rob your wallet, and will invigorate your taste buds. Connected to Jimmy’s restaurant is their new and improved sports bar is complete with a mural of Soldier Field, flat screen TVs, a square-shaped bar, and booths along the perimeter. This roomy hang out sells alcohol as well as appetizers and entrees and is the perfect hangout spot for game day. Out the door from the sports bar is the patio with the finishing touches of festive lights, a stone waterfall, statues, and a 6 foot tall fence to keep the atmosphere intimate and to keep out city noises. It’s the perfect place to chat and get fat on any of Jimmy’s delicious food options. So come on down to Jimmy’s Restaurant and Sports Bar. With a friendly “Greek-meets-American” atmosphere, you’re sure to come back!

on Jan. 28 2010 at 7:52 pm
singingpuppy BRONZE, Barrington, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I love u girl!!! hope 2 c u soon!!! I miss u!!!